EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0d1d078af456e33391bd2663d765d598.gif

original.gif

4c88e27ded5e63411193fd4ae24961be_w200.gif

8eb2e450049f7313ecdc7f43b08f011e.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_nwrd7r1D3v1r007zs_500.gifv

KwJa.gif

b0e2e37d698d8743499866fe516576ff.gif

ColossalThoughtfulDorking-small.gif

BronzeDistantAlaskanhusky-small.gif

^ @vhab49_PE was killed by the death eaters during the night

tumblr_n2zp37lc2d1sn8daso5_500.gif

The Death Eaters win!

gg all!

Death Eaters (mafia)
@squaretaper LIT AF PE
@EyehatethePEexam
@txjennah PE
@jean15paul_PE
@JayKay PE

Aurors (cop)
@beccabun PE
@MadamPirate PE

Mediwizard (doctor)
@vhab49_PE

Programming notes:
The RNG choose all special characters and roles. In a defiance of the odds, it picked straight five female players and I was beginning to wonder if this was going to look fixed. The RNG evened itself out at the end.

The thought on doing a Hunger Games with numerous special roles made me want to try something new this game. It didn't have the time to research the properly so I went simple, We had a lot of players so I added an extra mafia member to make it harder but balance it with an extra cop. I'd been planning this concept for a while. I split the max number of investigations between the cops. They had less investigations than mafia members so it "forced" them to find each and think optimally. I figured this was pretty balancing at the time. From my vantage point, I could see the town use some creative tactics to get the most value of their limited resources. I like this new dynamic and how it can change things up a bit, but I can certainly see us going back to the normal rules especially for limited-player games. These rules wouldn't work for a game with a limited number of players.

When @EyehatethePEexam turns out to be mafia it's going to take me a long time to go back through the pages to find where I told you so... I'll still dig it up.

👻👻👻
👿
Seriously! I can't understand how the F$%^ @EyehatethePEexam survived, much less won the game! I'm not even talking about using game theory or anything sophisticated. A couple players noticed and pointed out that he said how many mafia there were. That was the obvious red flag, but there were so so many other hints. I figured the town had to know! But after the investigation induced lynches ended and @Dothracki PE was being voted for, I thought that it had to be a set up. Nope, just a total mislynch.

OTOH, I can't figure out of the town correctly picked @txjennah PE as mafia. I did a WPA analysis mid game for each player and even looked for hints with some omnipotence, and couldn't see anything that id'd her as mafia. So I guess it balances with the above mislynch?

All of the above is predicated on what I see through the thread, and the cop, doc, and mafia PMs. I'm blind to anything that might happen in side PMs.

Back