EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MadamPirate PE fair enough, but again, I voted for him out of retaliation for targeting me twice for no reason.  Still, I see your reasoning.

1.  The mafia know I'm a townie, and there has been a target on my back from Day 1, so they won't bother to vote for me since they figure the town will eventually kill me.

2.  I have to look at who hasn't voted for me or who hasn't voted at all.  I see one particularly unusual behavior.

@JayKay PE I vote for @RBHeadge PE
I had a hunch...

How do you have any reads at all? I can't glean any useful info from the events of this round

Mafia don't glean.  They lurk.

Lurking:  RB, you, Lycee.
And then another one, but it was too late at this point lol.  And for a while I thought it was Lycee, until MP voted this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.  The mafia know I'm a townie, and there has been a target on my back from Day 1, so they won't bother to vote for me since they figure the town will eventually kill me.

2.  I have to look at who hasn't voted for me or who hasn't voted at all.  I see one particularly unusual behavior.

@JayKay PE I vote for @RBHeadge PE
The first point is true.

I can't agree with the second point. I was one of several players who hadn't voted for you, or at all, at that point in the game. It's normal for me to skip the first vote and quite common that I abstain the second vote.

The first point is true.

I can't agree with the second point. I was one of several players who hadn't voted for you, or at all, at that point in the game. It's normal for me to skip the first vote and quite common that I abstain the second vote.

@RBHeadge PE agree.  However, by the second day you often give advice or slightly mention some kind of plea for townies to start communicating or maybe start to identify a special role player, in this case maybe the doc since I think he was still alive at this point.  I didn't hear much (at all) "pleading" from you.  It was just a bit off.  Of course, I often read too much into these things anyway lol.

You have a point there. There was an actual plan for me to do that stuff, but IRL got in the way. We're still only like 60% unpacked... and I keep finding things that need to be fixed.

OMG, the previous owner had no f$%^ing clue how to maintain a pool. I swear he was actually trying to break it! I'm literally going to spend all of Thursday evening redoing the external pipes, valves, and waste lines.

You have a point there. There was an actual plan for me to do that stuff, but IRL got in the way. We're still only like 60% unpacked... and I keep finding things that need to be fixed.

OMG, the previous owner had no f$%^ing clue how to maintain a pool. I swear he was actually trying to break it! I'm literally going to spend all of Thursday evening redoing the external pipes, valves, and waste lines.
Oh no!  I have no clue about pool maintenance (never been involved with those), but sounds like a nightmare!

WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE POOL. I TOLD YOU IT WAS A TRAP!!!

WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE POOL. I TOLD YOU IT WAS A TRAP!!!
You didn't have to tell me. I knew it was a money pit going into it! But Mrs. Headge likes it and she has 51% of the vote so here am I.

What I wasn't prepared for was how piss-poorly it was maintained. The chemicals were beyond fubar'd: pH~6, alkalinity <10. Multi-valve gasket is busted and leaks into the waste line. So the dummy plugged up the waste line in at least two locations in the the pipes! So there's no way to backwash or drop the waterline.

I found at least one of the blockages, so I'll fix the gasket, unblock it and run an above grave temporary waste line. It'll be good enough for a month. Next spring I'll do more work to install better valves, clean or replace the filter, instal a real chlorinator, and get a proper waste line to the sewer.

He (the previous owner) never wanted that damn pool anyway! His wife had been asking for years, but he always managed to convince her that it wasn't a good financial decision. She was never really convinced, but she would defer; the dutiful wife. It was the guilt of the affair that finally prompted him to give in. He committed to changing his life, to turning over a new leaf, to finally buying the pool. It wasn't until the 3rd indiscretion that his mistress told him that she was pregnant. "Ugghh," now he'd have to tell his wife. "Maybe she'll understand; she's always been an understanding person." His hope was crushed when she demanded a divorce. All the time and energy and sacrifices she had made, the emotional load she carried. "Fuck him!" But he couldn't understand. He didn't possess the intellect or empathy to understand how his actions affected other people. "Why does the world keep shitting on me," he wondered. "It just not fair. Well she can have the house but she's not getting this pool!" And slowly over the months of fighting and lawyers and negotiations, he began to sabotage it. For some reason the pool became the physical representation of the source of his problems. He needed something to blame. "I mean, it can't be me, right?" It wasn't a genuine question. Finally, as the divorce was finalized, the pool was ruined. "Take that!" he thought silently. Little did he know that she already had a buyer for the house, a shifty-eyed, nuclear engineer. She's now on a beach with a handsome male entanglement, and a large bank account. She got the last laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I CAN FINALLY SAY THIS NOW!

tenor.gif

Back