EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot believe a 72 pound wheel of cheese is a real thing that people can buy...

View attachment 18577

EDIT: OMG THE REVIEWS ON THIS ARE HILARIOUS!

DOUBLE EDIT: THE NUTRITIONAL FACTS STATE THERE ARE 1152 SERVINGS IN ONE WHEEL!!!
@JayKay PE is like the mayor of Costco. Of course they know there's a 72lb wheel of cheese available! 

Costco is lyfe (at least for JK since we don't have Costco in Maine) 

@JayKay PE is like the mayor of Costco. Of course they know there's a 72lb wheel of cheese available! 

Costco is lyfe (at least for JK since we don't have Costco in Maine) 
I've only been to Costo with my parents when I was younger. I didn't really have grocery/appliance/clothing/basically everything store envy then like I do now. But it's not really worth going to a bulk item store when it is just my wife and I in an apartment at the moment.

I've only been to Costo with my parents when I was younger. I didn't really have grocery/appliance/clothing/basically everything store envy then like I do now. But it's not really worth going to a bulk item store when it is just my wife and I in an apartment at the moment.
i dislike buying TP and tampons so buying it bulk once or so a year in appealing but otherwise, I have little use for a store like Costco 

Do you feel like you're flushing your money down the toilet!

Huh.... Huh 😁
FaithfulUnknownArachnid-small.gif

Do you feel like you're flushing your money down the toilet!

Huh.... Huh 😁
heh

I mean you are tho. But we don't have the space for a bidet (very small clearance between toilet & shower and toilet & vanity) which is less wasteful (financially and environmentally) and I'm skivved out over reusable toilet paper (it is a thing, i've seen *new* rolls of it, I already question if our washer is truly cleaning our clothes...). And there's the environmental & financial argument to be made for reusable pads/period undies/menstrual cups (plus some mainstream period products can be toxic to some people so it's better for your health as well) but a menstrual cup is a whole process (getting the right size, getting it in there, emptying it, sterilizing it) which is also a financial hit.

so for right now at least, yes I'm literally flushing money away. 

“It looked oddly offended, as if it had attempted to be friends with a chipmunk speaking another language, but then had been cut down mid-apology.
:)

Aw. I don't log in for ONE day, and this is what happens? (Deadline at end of day, and google chrome wasn't working, which was actually VERY helpful for my productivity).

RIP, me. 

Hi everyone!

*feels awkward being a single person who buys in bulk*

I like peppers and large things of yogurt. Plus a majority of things I buy take forever for me to finish, which works out for me since some of the keto/protein stuff I buy is sooooooo much cheaper at Costco. 

*feels awkward being a single person who buys in bulk*

I like peppers and large things of yogurt. Plus a majority of things I buy take forever for me to finish, which works out for me since some of the keto/protein stuff I buy is sooooooo much cheaper at Costco. 
Lol don't be. It makes sense if you have the storage space and buy stuff that doesn't go bad right away. My wife does have a BJ's membership, which is similar to Costco. But we don't go there too often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol don't be. It makes sense if you have the storage space and buy stuff that doesn't go bad right away. My wife does have a BJ's membership, which is similar to Costco. But we don't go there too often.
I fucking love BJs and I’m pissed that the closest one is 4+ hours away. I prefer them over Costco, tbh, but I didn’t want this round to be the “BJ round”. There are just certain connotations that I did not wish upon the mafia thread. 

Back