EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still didn't suspect @MadamPirate PE until today, and @jean15paul_PE is next to impossible to read anyway, with @RBHeadge PEthis was a very strong team!

I would have liked to have seen the outcome if we didn't lose our cop on Day 1.
After I was nightkilled, looking at our spreadsheets, and the general thread, I suspected @MadamPirate PE and @RBHeadge PE and @NikR_PE as the mafia, but I was wrong with the last one. Really good play to you both and @jean15paul_PE.

For the record, my two attempted saves were actually for MP day 1 and Saltysteve day 2. I would have tried to save myself if I could knowing that I went into the lycee-trap. But that was probably just coincidence.

@JayKay PE I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the game. 
A delightful shit show from start to finish.  The way the randomizer worked was that a huge conglomerate of townies were chosen (who didn't play) and, unfortunately, the mafia was filled with players who do play (often every round).  I was also super overwhelmed at work/had a fucked up sleep schedule for some reason so I didn't get to do as much writing and world building as I usually did.

Do like including cheese in the story.  Only highlight of this rounds, besides me getting to talk about Costco a lot, which is one of my favorite pastimes.  

How are we feeling about the prohibition of the townie PM thread? 
Mafia have won last three rounds.  I think the first two were close.  This last one, not close.  I still think the current rules are well-balanced.  More active participation would help the town.  

The round before last was not really a team win, as @RBHeadge PE pointed out, more of a personal victory.  Fair enough, but we basically lost one maf early and the other was in effect a "non-active" player, so it was essentially an individual win. Not saying good or bad, just saying most of the recent rounds have depended on how active the special roles (including mafia) players were.  This past round, the cop effectively committed suicide and the mafia team had strong, active, experienced players, hence the lopsided victory.

This is just a game, and a lot of it is way for us on EB forums to socialize, so the EB Mafia game should remain light-hearted and fun.  I'd like to hear the opinions of the less active players and have them suggest what we could change to make it more fun for them.  The more fun it is, the more people might be inclined to participate/post more often.   Just my thoughts.  

I'm fine either way (PMs allowed or not).

How are we feeling about the prohibition of the townie PM thread? 
I'd like to reinstate PMs. It skews the game mechanics towards the town but it significantly increases the socializing and team building. We've been missing the latter for the last few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for my understanding, the PM rule would give everyone free game over who can PM who? So it is up to each player to PM certain people or groups of people to discuss voting and whatnot in private? If you make the wrong choice and include a mafia member in PM, that mafia gets some insider knowledge?

Just for my understanding, the PM rule would give everyone free game over who can PM who? So it is up to each player to PM certain people or groups of people to discuss voting and whatnot in private? If you make the wrong choice and include a mafia member in PM, that mafia gets some insider knowledge?
Yup.  It turns into a lot of stress on my end.  I'm really bad at mafia when the PM rule is in place/I usually get killed the first day/night because when I'm not modding: jaykay is a super spazz and gives off plotting vibes.  A lot of the PMing usually starts with the cop investigating someone/finding them to be a normal townie (hopefully) and then slowly increasing the group PM.

Unless you accidentally include a mafia member who is acting super well.  Which has happened I think once?

I’m in for next round and OK with re-incorporating PM’s. We can always elect to ban them temporarily again if we’re feeling competitive.

Also @jean15paul_PE your narrative was brilliant. I wish I could write like that.
I missed last couple days so I went back to read. Damn @jean15paul_PE, is your TV stuck on telenovela channel.

Back