EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it made my day to know that folks consider me harsh 
giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure I know who has caused me to have that label. And it wasn't the person who got the 2/5. 

I gave someone a 3/5 since they tied DC+ of a trip and close ckt together and had 2 duplicated cable numbers. And didn't really take ownership of the errors. 

Sorry, it just chaps my ass when people don't use QA as a learning experience. 
This person (the one I'm currently reviewing) better use this one a learning experience. They wired 2 CTs wrong. as a 4yr engineer. Which is unacceptable. Along with some other wiring mistakes. 

I'm pretty sure I know who has caused me to have that label. And it wasn't the person who got the 2/5. 

I gave someone a 3/5 since they tied DC+ of a trip and close ckt together and had 2 duplicated cable numbers. And didn't really take ownership of the errors. 

This person (the one I'm currently reviewing) better use this one a learning experience. They wired 2 CTs wrong. as a 4yr engineer. Which is unacceptable. Along with some other wiring mistakes. 
Dude. I got my ass chewed because someone thought I mis-wired CTs last year, but I had documentation that the manufacturer drawings were jacked so I wired them according to the vendor drawings. Out in the field turns out nothing matched and the transformer vendor engineer had to help them figure it out. But covered my own ass - I've been wiring CTs since my first year. 

Dude. I got my ass chewed because someone thought I mis-wired CTs last year, but I had documentation that the manufacturer drawings were jacked so I wired them according to the vendor drawings. Out in the field turns out nothing matched and the transformer vendor engineer had to help them figure it out. But covered my own ass - I've been wiring CTs since my first year. 
Between this person being a design engineer for 4 years and then in T&C for 5-6 before that, they shouldn't have fucked up the CT wiring. 

I told my 1yr engineer when they get to the transformer CTs on their current project to call me over. And we'll step through it and confirm it's right 

Between this person being a design engineer for 4 years and then in T&C for 5-6 before that, they shouldn't have fucked up the CT wiring. 

I told my 1yr engineer when they get to the transformer CTs on their current project to call me over. And we'll step through it and confirm it's right 
CTs aren't even that difficult once you know how they work!!!

Aaaaaaagh!

CTs aren't even that difficult once you know how they work!!!

Aaaaaaagh!
I spent 3 days explaining CTs to IB last fall. They never got it. 

And as part of the discussion with the PM about this fucked up CT, he said "IB didn't even help with this part so there's no reason for the error" (IB was tasked with assisting on this project but not with the CTs or existing panels) 

I spent 3 days explaining CTs to IB last fall. They never got it. 

And as part of the discussion with the PM about this fucked up CT, he said "IB didn't even help with this part so there's no reason for the error" (IB was tasked with assisting on this project but not with the CTs or existing panels) 
Three. Days?! 

I think I learned in an hour. 

Three. Days?! 

I think I learned in an hour. 
Yeah... IB still doesn't get complicated projects, it given small tasks or as-builts.

it's been a year. over actually.

we have issues with some other "new grad" engineers who started last summer. bad crop (even though IB graduated before the other folks and they're all from various schools). a bunch just don't get it.

one wired a fiber pair to a test switch last week... 

Yeah... IB still doesn't get complicated projects, it given small tasks or as-builts.

we have issues with some other "new grad" engineers who started last summer. bad crop (even though IB graduated before the other folks and they're all from various schools). a bunch just don't get it.

what.gif

Is his name "Duran?"

if it's a bunch of people maybe it needs to be a lunch and learn or learning discussion where it's walked through? 

also WHY ARE PEOPLE LEANING TOWNIE BC IT SEEMS SUSPISH

Back