EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there was actually a guy coming down in one of those recumbent bikes like you ride, I would have gotten a pic but I was ^#&^$$ fucking too tired to get the phone out..

He was the only one I saw coming down the mtn, and two younger dudes passed me just as I got to the top

It had big knobby mountain bike tires though

Yeah, they make fat recumbent trikes now. They are pretty pricey, but kinda tempting. It wouldn't fit down some of the trails, but on others it would be a blast. 

Speaking of bikes..... I was behind this guy (stopped at a red light). The other day....

I see this way to often.. to me you are a total dummy if you put your toddler in a bike trailer and then ride on any road (outside of a subdivision road) ....

This road didn't even have bike lanes on it - that he was turning on...this road has an AdT of around 5,000

Just sort of crazy people are willing to risk their child's life- you can easily look around and see that no one has the discipline to keep their phone down while they are driving....

3fb5fec82cb47c3e2a58c4f871109c60.jpg

I agree with your assessment. Yes, you are technically allowed to ride on the street pulling your toddler in your fancy-ass Chariot. But is it advisable? Definitely not. There are lots of roads up here (which is a VERY bike friendly and bike conscience area) that I don't ride on, cuz I value my life.

And I totally wish I could bring myself to ride on the road because I "get it" now- I would love to take that ride from

Boulder to Lyons- it would be a great ride....

I actually put so many miles on my giant this summer the pedals broke and I had to get those silly "clip in shoe" things.... smh... and don't tell anyone ;)

Ha! Yeah it defin takes some getting used too... I was glad to be on a trail next to some grass...

I think I need to get my old

Bike fixed cause now it's a PIA to take a ride to the store

I have my pedals set on a pretty loose setting, I would rather pop out than fall over...

The clips are really great on longer rides and bigger hills when you appreciate engaging the hamstrings.  

Hi fellow cyclists!

I'm a bike commuter, putting in about 15 miles round-trip most of the days in San Francisco. I haven't done any bike races yet and tend to stick more to running races, but am very much unopposed to the idea!

Thanks, @FLBuff PE!

I'm also very impressed by mountain bikers. Nothing in my mind makes that sounds very appealing to me, but all the more power to all who do it!

Copying this over from the running thread! Because it applies to those who bike, also!

To those of us who run, or bike, with our phones... Has everyone heard of Charity Miles? It's an AMAZING app where you are sponsored by a company (like Johnson & Johnson, or Wanderlust, etc.) to run indoors or outdoors, or bike outdoors, and donate money to the charity of your choice during your workout. It involves zero money on your part, as it is your sponsoring company that is making the donation. It can run in the background while you are running any other apps like the NRC app, MapMyRun or MapMyFitness, or Strava. It can even save your route and upload it later if you (like I do sometimes) forget to turn on your data but lose wifi during your run. 

Seriously, Charity Miles is my favorite app I have ever come across. It can take a little bit to get the hang of remembering to turn it on, but it is such a feel good way to exercise.

Back