EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would be...I've done the downhill from a campsite in CNM to Fruita on my mountain bike. I think it would be a PITA to ride along the frontage road to the west entrance of CNM on a mountain bike, but it is definitely doable. You should take a weekend to explore Fruita for mountain biking and jeeping. I know it's a little far for you, but it is a beautiful area, and not as crowded as Moab.

its on my list, it goes back to my main problem with CO, there is just to much to do here!

A drive to Grand Junction for Mtn biking with the top and doors off the Jeep will be done before winter though.. Winter is Coming..

Just give me a heads up when you come this direction. I should be able to meet y'all over there and get some biking in with you. Fall is perfect over there for mountain biking.

you think it will be bad labor day weekend?  were supposed to do some more backpacking but after 3 trips this summer I am kind of over lugging a big pack around for "fun" and "relaxation"

I would expect that the campsites will be full, but I'm not sure. We usually camp at Highline State Park and do day trips from there. That's where we will be staying the weekend of the Tour of the Moon ride I'm doing.

I've really wanted to do Tour of the Moon for a few years. I'm growing a 1980s mustache if I do it. It's on the calendar, but I'm not sure if I can make it happen. 

who can point me in the right direction for one of those "idiots guide to installing a new derailleur"?

On my really old mtn bike it sheared off and I wanted to fix it just to have as an extra or backup?  I got the part for around $35 bucks. even taking the chain apart this thing is a mother fucker to install?

I was trying not to have to make the bike walk of shame to take it somewhere to have it installed "professionally' for another $50 bucks..

In my experience derailleurs are a PITA and I'd just do the walk of shame.  Not worth the hassle.

trying to earn some street (trail) cred with our hard charger bike nerds here. I did this route yesterday (but I just did up to the top of the mountain from Rollinsville and then back the same way- I didn't have a ride arranged on the other side of the mountain) but that is on my list to do, go up and over to winter park from boulder instead of up and back the same way.. does Uber work for that?

http://www.mtbproject.com/trail/2083426

"only" around 26 miles total - but elevation uphill - +/- 2500 feet... most of it was an easy 3% uphill former RR grade. but it was a total blast.

and a lot of the down will was worse than the uphill, shadows and rocks are a dangersous thing on a bike..

My rear is very tender today ;(

Back