EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you all were supposed to bust my balls for bitching about bike geeks on fatbikes while out shooting my .357?
I'm here for you buddy.

So you're out shooting your 357 in the middle of HF-No-Where when a sissy fat tire biker comes by and you were you afraid that the little 139 pound guy in spandex was going to drop his bike and kick your arse or something? Candypants.  Maybe next time you should carry a real mans iron - 44mag.

There you go. 

Just kidding of course - :p -

That's payback for years of verbal abuse about spandex, arm warmers, and gloves, only to find out that secretly you're one of us.

I have to say that they are annoying as fuck. Your enjoying a snow shoe hike with your dog, the snow is falling, and then here comes some dickweed with his earbuds in jamming and zips by you without trying something courteous like at least trying to slow down while they pass you.

They remind me of the same type of people, usually from cali or Texas, you see on a green run at the ski resort going all shaun white on the easy slopes..
Wait...is your dog on a leash? Because that's the other "those people are jackwagons!" argument I hear from the trails. 

Thanks!

And were leash people!

our dog as she has gotten older hates other dogs so she is leashed (unless its very obvious were the only people out)

People get pissy when their off leash dog runs over to our dog and she snaps their head off, i usually just laugh

So, the past few weeks my attitude has been:

download.jpg

Then I got on my bike (outside) yesterday, and my attitude has improved. I've been riding for about 30-45 minutes every other day on the indoor trainer, but that sh!t gets boring. Only a cyclist knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window. There is something about feeling the wind in your face, getting some fresh air, and seeing the world from my bike saddle that brings me peace.

download.jpg

They remind me of the same type of people, usually from cali or Texas, you see on a green run at the ski resort going all shaun white on the easy slopes..
Hey, you have to admit those were some sweet jumps.

anigif_enhanced-26643-1402501925-1.gif

Only a cyclist knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window. There is something about feeling the wind in your face, getting some fresh air, and seeing the world from my bike saddle that brings me peace.
^^^ this, and nothing else in the universe.

I was spinning out the winter months inside, keeping the fitness up, knocking the pounds down, and preparing to come out of the saddle blazing after DST on our first amateur criterium cycling night of the year, TOMORROW NIGHT!

Then I torqued a muscle while playing tennis last week.  Spectator status.

View attachment 7566

hopefully one of the spandex boys will give the good Samaritan one of their "extra" bikes as a reward!

So I learned that a guy who knows a guy who I work with part time that owns a bike shop in town and I picked this is for $400 today... It's a Giant, was looking at the specialized and they had this in the "back room/clearance room"

Last Sunday I was 2 miles in to the Coalton Trail over by Boulder (where the unicorn windmills are) and the derailer (Sp?) split in a few pieces on my 90's model craigslist man bike...

I still won't be able to hang with he locals on their $8k mtn bikes but it's a start....

2e892cf1cfecef9b809a3450a2956dd2.jpg

Nice ride!

The weather has been weird this spring, so I have been riding at lunch when schedule/weather permits. Mini-Buff #1 got this bike for combined Christmas/birthday present, but we haven't been able to go out on it much yet.

maxresdefault.jpg

so basically I have the same bike as a kid?  ;)

Took her out on her maiden cherry ride last night, have to say it was a huge improvement over my 20 year old bike!  It has the "little thing" where you can lock the shocks for road riding, that did help a little...

Don't knock it.

I think that MP & I both have that same bike. ;)

Went on my first ride this year.  I alway forget how much I miss cycling.   I'm gonna be sore.  

Is this any good?  For sale by a co-worker. Price reduced to $425.

FOR SALE
Felt F90 Road Bike, many upgraded accessories
$475 FIRM

Brand: Felt
Model: F90
Size: 52 cm
Frame Material: Aluminum
Fork: Carbon Fiber
Weight: 21 lbs 05 oz 

Components
Shifters: Shimano Sora
Crankset: RPM, 52/42/30t, 172.5mm
Cassette: Shimano HG, 8sp, 12-25t
Chain: KMC
Handlebar: Profile Design Aero bars
Sigma sport Bike Computer
RPM foot pegs with baskets
Wheelset: Alex Rims DA-22 - 700c

IMG_5783rsz.jpg

I don't know much about bikes but I wouldn't get anything close to $500 that doesn't have the new disc brakes, they are pretty sweet..

I don't know much about bikes but I wouldn't get anything close to $500 that doesn't have the new disc brakes, they are pretty sweet..
Good point!!!  I hadn't even considered that. But the brother-in-law has one with those and they ARE sweet. Pass on this one I guess. 

Back