EB Cycling Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I'm waiting to hear back on two Kleins. One is a '98 Pulse Race that is reasonably priced, medium frame, and the other is an '01 Adept Comp with a full suspension that is a bit more but also very reasonably priced, but there is not much information about it other than that it was "regularly serviced."

How tall is your dad?

MP: Giant has been on my watch list, as has Specialized, Trek, Raleigh, Cannondale, and Klein.

5'8". I'm 5'6" with legs that don't touch the ground most places (I'm all torso, freakishly so) and it fits me.

Somehow I pictured you much taller. I'm 5'7" and very much the same build (I push the limits of a 29" inseam), so that sounds like it would work. Let me see what pans out on these two local bikes first, and if it falls through, we'll see if we can work something out (I won't take it for free.)

I bought the a Giant Cypress DX.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/cypress.dx/18740/76148/

It is quite light and a very nice bike. I'd recommend it.

I actually bought it at a Mom & Pop bike shop. I was very unsure of the size of bike I really needed so they had me ride a few bikes there. For the Giant that I bought, I got a medium frame. (Then again, I'm 5'-11" and 160-165 lbs.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Supe, I'm 5'9" and wear between 29" and 30" inseam. The Giant small frames are fine for me. On the hybrid (17") I did have to move the seat forward quite a bit. The road bike small frame at 18" fit me a bit better.

I'm pretty convinced that an 18" is going to be too much for me, a 17" is probably close to ideal, and a 16" is a tossup. I tend to prefer my bikes on the small side, but don't know if a 16" is really pushing it.

21_02_3_web.jpg

That looks right about perfect. But please take the basket off the front - I don't want it to look gay.

First ride of the season yesterday and second ride this evening. My butt definitely is not used to this.

I did get a response on the Klein Pulse. Still for sale, mix of Shimano and Bontrager components (which means they should be stock still), Rock Shox on the front. He said good condition, some scratches, no rust, and is going to take and send some more pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been too busy with family/work stuff to get many rides in. I think I'm going to bag it on the Copper Triangle. I'll just ride for myself this year, not to train for some big ride.

That looks right about perfect. But please take the basket off the front - I don't want it to look gay.
you mean you can't fit one of the girls in the basket for a ride. just wear a rain poncho for the doggy slobber shower

Might be a bit tight for a dog that's 65 lbs of pure muscle.

Hmm....all this bike talk has got me thinking about upgrading now. I'm still rocking my old mountain bike from high school. Pictured below but without the thing on the front wheel and the garbage in back.

schwinn-impact-conversion-1.jpg

Back