Dumb LinkedIN Recruiter Email of the day thread...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LinkedIn is for dating.  If the recruiter isn't hot, just delete the messages.

I just never reply to the phishing emails about a great opportunity - so don't feel bad about ignoring as they are probably blasting the same email to 1000 people..

I was in a mood last week and a headhunter emailed me about a construction gig for an "award winning" contractor - I just replied asking "what types of awards did they win?" - no response as of yet!

I just never reply to the phishing emails about a great opportunity - so don't feel bad about ignoring as they are probably blasting the same email to 1000 people..

I was in a mood last week and a headhunter emailed me about a construction gig for an "award winning" contractor - I just replied asking "what types of awards did they win?" - no response as of yet!
leglamp12.jpg

"Hi leggo,

I saw your profile on Linkedin - nice looking background.  We have a full-time opportunity with an engineering firm looking to hire an experienced Licensed Civil Engineer.  The role will include planning and devising the construction of different structures and facilities such as buildings, bridges, roadways and railways, retaining walls,, etc.  They're site work is designed to reduce pollution and the latest green materials are used on all projects.

Our client is a full service engineering company serving all of California specializing in Civil and Structural Engineering, Septic System Planning, Land Surveying, Permit Assistance and Violation Resolution.  They're a fun group with company parties, client appreciation events, lunch gatherings and every other Friday off!  
Can we have a call?

Clay"

But then I could be kind of like @tj_PE!! Every other Friday off and all. Too bad the locations are 1.5 hours north of me and 2 hours south of me... No traffic!

I got a non-pushy email from a recruiter that just asked if i was interested in looking. 

when i said i was happy for right now, he told me to keep crushing it and he'll check in again in a while. 

i like it. 

I got a non-pushy email from a recruiter that just asked if i was interested in looking. 

when i said i was happy for right now, he told me to keep crushing it and he'll check in again in a while. 

i like it. 
So you changed your linkedin profile picture to be the same as here? 

I got a call at 6:10 am today from a recruiter. Fun times. I should additionally note that the job was for a 6 month contract that would require relocation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a Russian online builder tool for that?

I don't have one particular message that is dumb, but I do have a couple hundred. I specifically put in my bio that I'm not interested in SCADA jobs, and I do not have SCADA listed as a job I'm interested in for recruiters. Yet, at least 2-3 times a week I receive a message from recruiters saying "Hey, we like your background for this SCADA position."

If they don't take the time to actually read my profile, they're not getting a response.

Anyone want to design some brides?

View attachment 18739
I will bet money this is Lawrence Construction. Also, I am connected to Megan and she did not reach out to me. Frankly, I have no idea why I am connected her. Not a **** clue. 

My personal favorite is when a recruiter calls you about your own job. I was estimating at the airport and none of the staff augmentation entities could find estimators. Luckily it wasn't a deal where I was being replaced, but ****, read the profile. You didn't even have to go that far down. 

Lol I’ll send you a pm- I guess I shouldn’t have posted her name- small world - 

I had some woman messaging me inquiring as to whether I was keen on a position. She didn't present herself or her organization and when I asked what her identity was, she alluded to an old voice message she left months prior. I disclosed to her I was not intrigued and to quit reaching me over instant messages. Talk about amateurish.

I completely agree with everything said here, but I will say not all recruiters are bad. I got my current job via a local recruiter who contacted me through LinkedIn. It actually was a perfect fit for me.
But relevant jobs are probably like 1% of total recruiter spam I get.

Back