Dumb LinkedIN Recruiter Email of the day thread...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, I got my current job through a recruiter too.

But then on the other hand, another recruiter sent me a message on LinkedIn that apparently I never saw (I honestly don’t check my LinkedIn that often), and so she took up the gumption to call my office and one of our admin transferred her to me! Maybe this happens to people all of the time, but not me that much, and I was pretty aghast that she called in the middle of the afternoon on a workday. And apparently she thought I was well qualified to be a co-director of something or other? I had to shut her up pretty quickly.

It's not specific to recruiters, but @bestoflinkedin on IG is pretty funny. They highlight some of the best (worst?) posts on LinkedIn. It's really hard to believe some of the content people put out to the public.

I connected to someone from Wejo because I thought she was connected to a project I'm working on. She sends me a message and I ignore it (very generic sales pitch). A few days later she sends an email at 5:20 a.m. about "Hey, following up!" and then another at 6:04 a.m. saying, "Just dropping another message!" What did she think was going to happen in those 44 minutes? I'd be like, "Yes. I need to pay for in-depth traffic info even though my state doesn't have traffic."

Back