Dumb LinkedIN Recruiter Email of the day thread...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SnoopyRequiredAmericanbulldog.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean that weird tall asian chick pushing her wedding ring forward.  lol u think ur hot?

Received a recruiter phone call today. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary...except I don't have my phone number listed on my profile.  When I asked him how he got my number, he said his company uses a software that will do public records searches based on information on Linked In. He said, "It's scary how much information is out there in the public areas, huh?"

I hung up on him.
It's very annoying and unprofessional.  Especially when in a small office and you have to explain to boss why recruiters are contacting you. 

Nothing I've noticed.  I must not be a target since the Chinese already copied our plant design.

I had some lady texting me asking if I was interested in a position.  She didn't introduce herself or her company and when I asked who she was, she referred to an old voicemail she left months ago.  I told her I was not interested and to stop contacting me over text messages.  Talk about unprofessional.

I have only had a few jump straight to text, but the LinkedIn messenger is running full bore - (this must be what its like to be a pretty girl on instagram)

one of my recent favorites!

insurance.png

I asked her if I just buy the books and then just open up a shop?

Like is this a self help course? Or are Books actual insurance businesses for sale??

She has not responded yet - I wish I had time to respond to all of these and just drag them all out for a very long time.. sucks they always want to talk on the phone!

It seems that nearly every recruiter in the history of ever is unacquainted with the function that adjectives play in the English language. No, I don't want to consider being an INSURANCE Agent, just because I am a PATENT Agent and for the same reason I am not interested in driving TRAINS as a licensed MECHANICAL Engineer. Although the prospect of driving a train, even as a mechanical engineer seems infinitely more enjoyable.

Got a message today from a recruiter thanking me for submitting my resume and for my interest in their company. The problem is that I haven't sent out a resume in well over a year and I have no clue how she received it.

Got a message today from a recruiter thanking me for submitting my resume and for my interest in their company. The problem is that I haven't sent out a resume in well over a year and I have no clue how she received it.
****, you're good. 

I get that networking is the point of linkedin but I'm so tired of being nice and responding that i'm not interested (vs ignoring) and then they're like oh come to think of it (like they've never had this thought ever before!) do you know anybody who may be interested? 

Back