Dleg 2012!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^Not a problem. We'll find something for you.

What is your stance on hope?
What is your stance on change?
"Hope is for pussies. I deal in absolutes."

"Things are gonna change, allright. You can quote me on that."

^^^If $5 gets me the Secretary of Agriculture... what do I get for $10???
You can be chief estimator. You job will be estimating how much bootie we'll get if we plunder certain foreign vessels, countries, or corporations, versus how much it will cost us to do so. We'll run this pirate operation in as rational a manner as possible. Until we actually engage the target, then it's pure whoop-ass.

:bann: That would be, and is, SO not funny
Here's the deal: I'll make both you anf FL Buff co-Press Secretaries. That way, you can stop FL Buff before he embarasses me. Plus, I'll issue swords to you both, and you can duel it out for the Cabinet's entertainment if you can't come to agreement.

Can I be an economic adviser? Or maybe Treasury Secretary. I'll cheat on my taxes and donate all the money I would have paid to your campaign.

You can be Treasury Secretary and I'll be Chairman of the FED. We'll bring the bastards down from the inside.
I've come to the conclusion that Chucktown and Wilheld need to lighten up and get a different perspective on government. Thus, I will appoint Chucktown as chief of collections at the IRS, with the official title of "Sherriff of Nottingham", and Wilheld will be placed at the NSA as head of the domestic wiretapping program. He will alert me to plots against the Presidency, so I can send in Dark Knight, who will be Chief of the Domestic Vigilante Ninja Corps.

Other assignments I am mulling:

Captain Worley: Captain of the Pirate Fleet Flagship, the USS Enterprise.

SapperPE: Commander of all regular military forces (Five Stars, buddy. Six, if you want.)

Cement: DOT

csb: FAA

Wolverine: DOE, as requested. And those other things, too. Whatever they are. You're in charge of whipping the scientists on my Fusion project. Try to be encouraging, though. We'll provide them with plenty of women and Bling as long as they're making good progress.

Chaosiscash: NNSA as requested. Whatever that is.

Flyer PE: Captain of Air Force One, Commander of Decoy/dummy Presidential entourage (stock up on those anti-missile flares, buddy - I'll be one unpopular President to certain factions. But, I will give you carte-blanche to add whatever equipment and personnel you see fit - be it 100 F-22s, a space-laser system, or a Guitar Army)

Mary - Minister of Engineering, and secret advisor on most things.

JR - Head of EPA. Yeah, I'll keep EPA around - they'll be in charge of the Global Warming/Nuclear Winter calculations that will decide how many nukes we use. It will have to be done fast, though - so I suggest you just stick to Excel or MathCAD, and best professional judgment. And, I want you to start working on "The Dome" as our fall-back. OK? And terraforming the Moon. Ha! I'd like to see those bastards get us when we're on the Moon!

Supe: A special new position: He will report to the Nation every Monday, on the sexual exploits of the weekend for the Nation, as a whole. He's free to embellish, but somehow I think that with 325 million citizens, and wilheld's domestic surveillance program, there will be plenty of kinky stuff to report without having to resort to exaggeration.

DVINNY: You get Arnold Schwarzenegger's job. Whatever that is. Plus, I will pronounce you Supreme Leader of Appalachia, which will pretty much automatically place 9/10 of the armed citizen militias under your control.

MGX: Treasury secretary. Hey, you said you wanted in on the corruption. You now have access to all the cash you can print.

Anyone else looking for a position?

I've got some really cool ideas for that space-laser system and some Pink Floyd music. It'll make the stuff they used to show at the planetarium look pretty pathetic. :D

^That gives me another idea. You may already be planning on it, but if not, I hereby order you to convert Air Force One to have the Rockin'est PA system around. I want people on the ground to be able to hear Floyd in 5.1 surround, with killer bass, as you fly by at 35,000 feet. The laser show must accompany you. From space, of course.

Roadguy we want to hear your voice too! Are you going to be a John Adams VP or an Aaron Burr? The voters demand an answer!

I had a thought about Supe's job.....how about reduced student loan balances in exhange for "quality" dorm videos?

:40oz:

:Banane20:

^Good idea! I hereby pronounce you Secretary of Education.

Unless you want something different.

I can't wait to be in charge of the FAA! The first thing I'm going to do is fire everyone and then I'm going to go fight TSA...which is under someone yet to be named to Homeland Security.

Wait a second, I just got the shaft on Treasury and you gave it MGX. I'm bowing out. I probably couldn't get through the Senate confirmation anyway. However, if a Supreme Court justice happens to croak while in office maybe put me at the top of the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you get to collect Taxes. I'll even let you carry a gun, and have a posse.

You can be in the Supreme court if you like, but I don't see a very long life span for most of them under my administration...

You can be chief estimator. You job will be estimating how much bootie we'll get if we plunder certain foreign vessels, countries, or corporations, versus how much it will cost us to do so. We'll run this pirate operation in as rational a manner as possible. Until we actually engage the target, then it's pure whoop-ass.
Awesome... it will be like having 'Talk like a pirate day' be every day!!! Arrrrr!

Captain Worley: Captain of the Pirate Fleet Flagship, the USS Enterprise.
Hey, if I promise to throw nukes around the middle east like confetti, can I be promoted to Secretary of the Navy?

16 empty missile tubes, the middle east is glass, and now it's Miller Time.

Supe: A special new position: He will report to the Nation every Monday, on the sexual exploits of the weekend for the Nation, as a whole. He's free to embellish, but somehow I think that with 325 million citizens, and wilheld's domestic surveillance program, there will be plenty of kinky stuff to report without having to resort to exaggeration.

Thank you, sir. I will never have a job I love more than my role as Secretary of Sexual Exploits.

I will need a Wet T-Shirt Chairman, and a Shaky Camcorder Stimulus Bill passed ASAP.

Wow ... I see this is rolling out quite nicely ....

Secretary of EPA ... if only ....

I will begin devising my complicated plan immediately! :D

JR

just be careful of delicate wetland environments.
Dude ... they are called riparian buffers ... get with the program!! :p

JR

so anyway, what office do I get to hold in DLeg's new world order?
I nominate you to be the White House Historian. Surely your adept scrapbooking skills make you the perfect candidate to fill that position.

If that doesn't work out maybe you can be the white house chef. Scotch Ramen anyone?

I nominate you to be the White House Historian. Surely your adept scrapbooking skills make you the perfect candidate to fill that position.
If that doesn't work out maybe you can be the white house chef. Scotch Ramen anyone?
I've always thought the Declaration of Independence would look a little less stuffy if it had some lace doilies and stickers of kittens on it.

I think the chef position might be a better fit. Take the scotch ramen you mention. It really is more than a dish, its a symbol of unity between 3 continents.

Traditional Asian cuisine, the finest in European distilling, and abject drunken American debauchery.

I think the chef position might be a better fit. Take the scotch ramen you mention. It really is more than a dish, its a symbol of unity between 3 continents.
Traditional Asian cuisine, the finest in European distilling, and abject drunken American debauchery.
:appl:

I need to dust off the plans for that bridge from Saipan to Guam. Or do you want to change order it for Alaska?

Back