COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't copy and paste the same post in two different threads. That's post whoring!
You can't copy and paste the same post in two different threads. That's post whoring!
I see what you did there.

Whore.
tumblr_lr1icpOpb81qd0qspo1_500_thumb.gif

YES, join up on Yahoo sports FANTASY, college Pick em

EB.com Pick Em group.

To allow other people to join this group send them the Group ID# (13425) and the Password (Njneer1).

Remember, it is the Group ID#, not the group name, that other people must use to join your group.

Will sign up tonight. Should be able to get picks in on time this year thanks to having a smart phone that actually works.

U of M vs Alabama - I hope Alabama's marching band isn't all fiddles n banjos...i've heard their half-time show involves a 'Duke' boy jumpin something on fire or sumthin :bio:

U of M vs Alabama - I hope Alabama's marching band isn't all fiddles n banjos...i've heard their half-time show involves a 'Duke' boy jumpin something on fire or sumthin :bio:
I made sure the hubby's slippers with the M's on them, and the t shirt was clean for him... little does he know I have a nice crimson t-shirt of my own set aside to wear on Saturday :) (seriously, anything to get him going)

Welll....... I actually have a few... lol.... until the end anyway. I have issues there... I know.

Penn State always takes top billing, SU follows because that's where my degree is from (although I'm more of an SU basketball fan)...

If Michigan is playing then I'll cheer them on to make the hubby smile (but my hearts not into it) but I've spent the last, what, 5 years in SEC territory? so I had to pick a team down there... and have been known to yell Roll Tide at the top of my lungs to tick off the Auburn fans... then again, I also nearly got attacked at the grocery store for wearing blue and white the last PSU v AL game... so ya know...

Honestly, I just like college football... feels so much more real than that NFL stuff... so wait, we got the SEC, the BigEast, the Big ten... that's it right?

You better get all your smack talk out before kickoff. I imagine you'll be pretty quiet after the game.

ROLL TIDE!

I'll watch a New Years Day bowl game or two, but that's about all the college football I can get into. I wouldn't watch the DiscountTires.com bowl on Dec. 15th, much less anything before Labor Day.

Bring on the NFL. At least those are reasonable matchups, as opposed to every game being between Powerhouse U. and Cupcake State for the for the Blind.

I didn't get that into college football until I was in college. Now I follow USF because I went there and some of my college friends and I all got season tickets this year to the games. So here is to another year of a fast start, high expectations, and the fall from grace that has been our every season for last couple of years.

You better get all your smack talk out before kickoff. I imagine you'll be pretty quiet after the game.

ROLL TIDE!
I'll give it to the SEC, what they lack in academic standards (and teeth), they assemble some pretty good teams ;)

Going through my picks this morning, there are just sooo many teams that I have no clue how they'll look this year. My first few weeks are going to suck pretty hard.

Bring on the NFL. At least those are reasonable matchups, as opposed to every game being between Powerhouse U. and Cupcake State for the for the Blind.
The NFL really isn't that much different. Sure, it is easier in the NFL to take a crappy club and make them competitive for a few years or visa versa, but there are still always teams that excel and those that are perennial cupcakes (ever heard of the Cleveland Browns?). The NFL is far to predictable, more often or not the favorite wins and when the underdog does win it really isn't that much of an upset. College is different, yes you have powerhouse schools competing against cupcakes, but that isn't every week. And yes the opening weekend tends to have a lot of those match-ups, but college football doesn't have a preseason so I do feel that is somewhat excusable. What I love about college football that you don't get in NFL football is that when you do get upsets it is amazing. How many times have to seen the fans rush the field and tear down the goalposts in the NFL? It's just a different experience at a college football game then an NFL game.

But my number one reason for loving college football and not the NFL is that a college team will never pick up their program and move to another school. It's a silly thing, but when you grew up in Houston and rooted for the Oilers as a kid, it kind of taints your view of the NFL when that team now plays in Nashville. P.S. - F*** Bud Adams and the Titans, no one was happier when you came up one yard short in the Super Bowl then me. :D

Honestly, I just like college football... feels so much more real than that NFL stuff...
+1!

... so wait, we got the SEC, the BigEast, the Big ten... that's it right?
Big East? :puke: Well, there's this team in So Cal...kinda playing for realz this season, and they should scare the bejeebers out of any college FB fan!

Back