Environmental vs Civil WR&E

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgerber

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a bit conflicted on which PE exam I should take. I have a BS in EnvE and a ME in Civil and EnvE. My 8 years of professional experience has been a big jumble of everything including both civil and environmental. I always thought that I would take the environmental exam, but I'm starting to think that my experience in civil may make the WR&E exam a better fit. Water resources (including water quality, municipal infrastructure, stormwater, etc.) are a big passion of mine so I find studying those portions of both exams to be the easiest to understand. But, at the same time, I can't for the life of me wrap my head around structural, which has me worried. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do? Any advise? Maybe there's an online resource where I could take a practice exam under each exam type to compare (without having to purchase a practice exam book for each)? Thanks in advance!!

Hey. Good news for you. Looks like WRE PE will be removing Structural and Transpo from the syllabus sometime next year :)

Hi! I'm a bit conflicted on which PE exam I should take. I have a BS in EnvE and a ME in Civil and EnvE. My 8 years of professional experience has been a big jumble of everything including both civil and environmental. I always thought that I would take the environmental exam, but I'm starting to think that my experience in civil may make the WR&E exam a better fit. Water resources (including water quality, municipal infrastructure, stormwater, etc.) are a big passion of mine so I find studying those portions of both exams to be the easiest to understand. But, at the same time, I can't for the life of me wrap my head around structural, which has me worried. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do? Any advise? Maybe there's an online resource where I could take a practice exam under each exam type to compare (without having to purchase a practice exam book for each)? Thanks in advance!!
Have you taken the PE exam ? I recommend Civil Water Res/Env. I have a similar background as you. I just passed. The old exam specs helped me. I studied only the NCEES exam prep guide. See my other posts. Thanks

Back