College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a guess, but based on tradition and some chatter that I picked up off of SportsCenter. Everybody says that Stanford has a great team this year, and they will likely win whichever game they end up in. But the team doesn't travel well, so they aren't expected to get picked by the bowls that get first pick. The Rose Bowl will have the option of Stanford or TCU, and all signs point to them taking TCU.

There is a new clause in the Rose contract that they have to periodically take a team from outside of the auto-qualify conferences. They could take care of that obligation by taking #3 TCU this year and then they are good for three or four years.

It's like the good ole' West Land Grab...

Big East is now getting into the NYC/Philly/NJ TV and recruiting market with Rutgers, the Western PA market with Pitt and WVU, the Florida market with South Florida, and Texas with TCU.

That's kinda big.

If they grab someone from the Carolina's (ECU Pirates maybe) then it's gonna be a far reaching conference.

Kick Rutgers out, they don't bring anything to the conference.

No one in that area watches Rutgers sports, and they aren't good at any of them anyway.

Kick Rutgers out, they don't bring anything to the conference. No one in that area watches Rutgers sports, and they aren't good at any of them anyway.
Actually, Rutgers is quite attractive for any conference.

That is why the Big10 was flirting with them.

That is a huge TV market in that Philly/NJ area, and a big recruiting base for PA/NJ players.

And Rutgers has improved 2,000% in football since Schiano has been there.

Kick Rutgers out, they don't bring anything to the conference. No one in that area watches Rutgers sports, and they aren't good at any of them anyway.
Actually, Rutgers is quite attractive for any conference.

That is why the Big10 was flirting with them.

That is a huge TV market in that Philly/NJ area, and a big recruiting base for PA/NJ players.

And Rutgers has improved 2,000% in football since Schiano has been there.
Guess I figured it for more of a pro sports town in that area.

I think it's more appropriately stated that Boise St. cost themselves and every team in their conference $1 million. Blame BS, not Nevada.

I can't see how anyone could blame Nevada. If BS really were that good, deserving of a top 5 BCS ranking, and could provide additional revenue for the conference's schools, then they should have proven it.

I can't see how anyone could blame Nevada. If BS really were that good, deserving of a top 5 BCS ranking, and could provide additional revenue for the conference's schools, then they should have proven it.
lol, dude calm down. You are right, if BS were good enough for a BCS bid they would have proven that on the field, I am not questioning that. What I was trying to point out is that the way the BCS system is currently structured it gives conferences without an automatic BCS bid (and even those with an automatic bid BCS ) financial incentive to sway a games outcome one way or another. Had Nevada lost that game they likely would have 1 million more dollars in their pocket at the end of the season. From the perspective of a player, coach or fan, was it worth it to beat Boise State? Definitely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, I'm not bent out of shape if that's how I was sounding. :)

Personally, I really couldn't care less, but I do know that the BCS system is super f***ed up.

Now, seriously, by show of hands; How many of you believe that Cam Newton and Auburn knew nothing about what the Dad/Minister was doing? (Pay for play).

Out of nowhere Cam's Dad fixed his church. Has not been able, or does not want to say, from where the money came. But NCAA found "not enough evidence" that Cam or Auburn were part of the scheme :eek:rlyflag:

Do you still believe in Santa Claus?

It takes the NCAA forever to do anything, yet they figured this out in a week?

What a joke

I'd sooner believe in Santa than I would the notion that they didn't take any money, or were unaware of any potential wrongdoing.

It's all a stunt to keep Auburn in the championship game.

Back