College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds a lot like Marcus Vick, Michael's brother who got into all kinds of trouble and was dismissed from Virginia Tech's football program. His promising career went up in smoke before it got started. Seems like trouble is genetic, it runs in families.
He pissed me off for stepping on Dumervil's leg in the Gator Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfMcqB9jwS0

Glad he never went anywhere

Good Bowl Match-ups IMO.

I will get the EB.com Bowl Pick-ems Challenge back up and running.

Penn State got Florida in the Outback on Jan 1st.

:wv: got NC State in the Champs Bowl on Dec. 28th.

(WVU went from the Fiesta Bowl to whatever the Champs bowl is because of UConn nailing that 50 yarder) :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. UConn gets to go to a bowl game with a $21M payout because they kick a 52 yard field goal to beat USF. A team that lost to Rutgers and Temple.

I'm DYING to see Oklahoma obliterate them so badly that it makes the BCS look even shittier than it already is.

I'm also looking to see Wisconsin destroy TCU for the same reason.

Ohio State/Arkansas should be a good game.

I agree that Wisconsin will welcome TCU to the big leagues in proper fashion.

I think UConn will play tighter to Okla than many think. (But its still a shame)

Ohio State will beat Arkansas. But by 7 or less. So waiting on the spread to make my pick. :)

Ohio State has some good receivers. Cover them, and you leave Pryor open for sprinting practice.

Arkansas' run game won't exist in the presence of the OSU defense, which is chock full of people who are very good at forcing turnovers (they're up there in the turnover margin rating). OSU for the win by a slim margin by capitalizing on Arkansas mistakes.

Sounds a lot like Marcus Vick, Michael's brother who got into all kinds of trouble and was dismissed from Virginia Tech's football program. His promising career went up in smoke before it got started. Seems like trouble is genetic, it runs in families.
He pissed me off for stepping on Dumervil's leg in the Gator Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfMcqB9jwS0

Glad he never went anywhere
I hate the Vick family more for that act by Marcus than I do for Michael's dogfighting ring.

Ohio State has some good receivers. Cover them, and you leave Pryor open for sprinting practice.
Arkansas' run game won't exist in the presence of the OSU defense, which is chock full of people who are very good at forcing turnovers (they're up there in the turnover margin rating). OSU for the win by a slim margin by capitalizing on Arkansas mistakes.
Arkansas' run game already doesn't exist. Bobby Petrino coached teams throw the ball...a lot. OSU doesn't know what they are getting themselves into. Plus, their track record against the SEC in bowl games speaks for itself.

I hope TCU beats the ever-loving piss out of Oklahoma. I'm bitter that the Big 12 sucked hard enough this year to allow Oklahoma to back their way into another BCS berth.

Louisville beat UConn this year, and Louisville sucks (didn't just beat them...blanked them...26-0). It makes the BCS a farce that a 4 loss team is in one of the games simply because of auto-qualifying conference champions. The AQ system works well in the NCAA basketball tournament because it's a TOURNAMENT. AQ in the BCS is BS.

Arkansas' run game already doesn't exist. Bobby Petrino coached teams throw the ball...a lot. OSU doesn't know what they are getting themselves into. Plus, their track record against the SEC in bowl games speaks for itself.

I hope TCU beats the ever-loving piss out of Oklahoma. I'm bitter that the Big 12 sucked hard enough this year to allow Oklahoma to back their way into another BCS berth.

Louisville beat UConn this year, and Louisville sucks (didn't just beat them...blanked them...26-0). It makes the BCS a farce that a 4 loss team is in one of the games simply because of auto-qualifying conference champions. The AQ system works well in the NCAA basketball tournament because it's a TOURNAMENT. AQ in the BCS is BS.
That will be pretty hard since TCU plays Wisconsin

Louisville going to the Beef o Brady bowl in Tampa...wish I could go. I was hoping that would play in Birmingham just so I could go to the game, but the Florida bowl is much better for recruiting purposes.

That will be pretty hard since TCU plays Wisconsin
Fine...if you insist on be a stickler for correct information, replace TCU with UConn in my statement above. :p

My alma mater (University of Colorado - Boulder) is announcing their new head coach today. CU is bringing back some former players from the glory days (late 80s to early 90s) after 6the Hawkins debacle. Jon Embree (currently tight ends coach at NFL-Washington) as head coach and Eric Bienamy (current running backs coach for the Vikings) as OC. I'm excited for the new direction, but unsure how this will go. Both have strong ties to SoCal, and with CU moving to the PAC-12, recruiting should improve. I just hope the coaching and play on the field does as well.

I just hate it when TV announcers keep calling the University of Connecticut "UConn" because I always think "Yukon" and say "how does a Canadian university get to play U.S. college football?" So where is that university located? Must be in the capital city Whitehorse. I wish they would just call them "Connecticut" the way they refer to the University of Michigan as "Michigan". The nickname of Connecticut's team is Huskies, which fits in well with what you would expect to see in Yukon Territory with all the dog sled teams.

I am perplexed because I think we all feel Cam Newton is a crook & somewhere down the line the NCAA will void all of this.. But Auburn fans are some of the "most normal" fans I know of, campared to Alabama, UGA, Florida, Miami, FSU, etc, etc, etc,

^ We'll see how that goes

Eric Bienamy (current running backs coach for the Vikings) as OC.
I remember him from playing days, he was bad arse
The talk is that EB can get you to run through a wall for him...we'll see. Apparently, Embree (CU TE) and Bienamy (CU RB) worked out this deal when they were assistant coaches at UCLA under Slick Rick Neuweasel. They handshook that if one of them got the HC job at CU, the other would come along as OC. Embree coached Marcedes Lewis at UCLA (now a TE with the Jaguars).

Back