College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why did cam leave his previous school? was he at Florida?

this reminds me of someone who leaves his first wife to cheat with another married lady, who a few years down the road cheats on him with someone else...

why did cam leave his previous school? was he at Florida?
this reminds me of someone who leaves his first wife to cheat with another married lady, who a few years down the road cheats on him with someone else...
Stole some laptops, cheated on exams I believe at UF.

w0cyru01 nailed it...he had a police record and a laundry list of academic disciplinary actions against him at Florida.

They have at least 2 people that have said that Cam's dad stated it would "take more than a scholarship" to get Cam to play for them. They also have another guy that testified that Cam told a recruiter over the phone that he chose Auburn over Miss. St. because "the money was too good." I guess they require a written, signed, and notarized statement from Cam and his father stating that they violated NCAA rules before they will take any action against him.

I will say that Cam is worth every penny. I watched him play against Kentucky this year and he is one big mother trucker. He ran over line backers like they were nothing on a few runs.

I will say that Cam is worth every penny. I watched him play against Kentucky this year and he is one big mother trucker. He ran over line backers like they were nothing on a few runs.
Was Tim Couch the ginormous QB at Kentucky in the late 90's that lumbered over defenses in time of need? All I remember is that, whoever it was, that dude was big.

Was Tim Couch the ginormous QB at Kentucky in the late 90's that lumbered over defenses in time of need? All I remember is that, whoever it was, that dude was big.
No...the fatass you're thinking of is Jared Lorenzen. I actually saw him take a few snaps in the NFL last year, but I can't remember which team.

jared lorenzen (or something) he was built like a fullback, he was manning's backup in New York last season i think?

No...the fatass you're thinking of is Jared Lorenzen. I actually saw him take a few snaps in the NFL last year, but I can't remember which team.
NY football Giants :dunno:

No...the fatass you're thinking of is Jared Lorenzen.
"Fatass" better describes him. Thanks

Heres a discussion Im sure most of us have had: Could the best FBS team in any given year beat the worst NFL team?

My initial gut reaction is no way. It would never happen. But then I watch terrible teams like the Lions play and it makes me wonder.

Plus you figure with teams like Auburn or USC who are buying players anyway, it might as well be an NFL team.

Heres a discussion Im sure most of us have had: Could the best FBS team in any given year beat the worst NFL team?
My initial gut reaction is no way. It would never happen. But then I watch terrible teams like the Lions play and it makes me wonder.

Plus you figure with teams like Auburn or USC who are buying players anyway, it might as well be an NFL team.
It wouldn't even be a game. Just think, even a great college team has between 5-10 potential NFL starters. I played in college for a couple of years and I think a total of 7 guys that I played with went to the NFL and only 1 of those has been a consistent starter. Granted, I didn't play at a BCS school, but it was Div 1A.

No, Although I would love to see it.

the size and speed of the DL alone on the lions would destroy the Auburn Offensive Line, or last years Alabama Offensive Line

I dont know hwo good Oregons Defense is, but the teams with good defenses have been able to almost contain him

Not only would the NFL team blow them out, but I don't think a college team would even sniff the red zone.

Could the best FBS team in any given year beat the worst NFL team?
Not even close.

I was gonna ask, could the best Middle school team in a state play with the worst High School team? but that would be a much closer match up then NFL vs. NCAA.

Imagine the worst NFL starters vs. a group of NFL practice squad members? then think that those practice squad guys are still the cream of the crop from the NCAA.

you can also remember people like Matt Lienert, Doug Johnson, (All those QB's from FSU in there hay-day) and they, well, stunk it up in the NFL..

Well, congrats to Auburn for winning the SEC title. The match-up looks to be a good one.

But, to have a player lifted on the shoulders and carried on the field just irks me. There is no 'I' in 'TEAM' and that just screams of "Look at me!"

Dear Oregon,

raped.jpg

Love,

Auburn

Well, congrats to Auburn for winning the SEC title. The match-up looks to be a good one.
But, to have a player lifted on the shoulders and carried on the field just irks me. There is no 'I' in 'TEAM' and that just screams of "Look at me!"
This is like sending a message. After all that was said about the pay for play scheme, no way Auburn and Cam not knowing about that, the team is saying "We have his back".

w0cyru01 nailed it...he had a police record and a laundry list of academic disciplinary actions against him at Florida.
They have at least 2 people that have said that Cam's dad stated it would "take more than a scholarship" to get Cam to play for them. They also have another guy that testified that Cam told a recruiter over the phone that he chose Auburn over Miss. St. because "the money was too good." I guess they require a written, signed, and notarized statement from Cam and his father stating that they violated NCAA rules before they will take any action against him.
Sounds a lot like Marcus Vick, Michael's brother who got into all kinds of trouble and was dismissed from Virginia Tech's football program. His promising career went up in smoke before it got started. Seems like trouble is genetic, it runs in families.

Back