College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it will detract from the regular season in college football.

So an 11-0 Texas team could go into the A&M game knowing they are in the playoffs win or lose...

... or the 11-0 Gators could rest some starters against FSU because they just need to win the SEC to get in...

...but the regular season would not diminished by a playoff?

1) Make every conference play a conference championship game.

2) Top 8 doesn't have to be conference champions only, you can use the BCS computers to pick your top 8.

3) Since when does having starters play against cupcake teams make a game memorable to begin with?

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Make every conference play a conference championship game.
2) Top 8 doesn't have to be conference champions only, you can use the BCS computers to pick your top 8.

3) Since when does having starters play against cupcake teams make a game memorable to begin with?

I have seen what has become of the NFL's Week 17. The same would happen in college football, to some degree, if there is a playoff.

^- and to some degree that hasnt always helped teams in the playoffs (NFL) I think the same would apply for college, each team would have to make a decision, but they would have to play their championship game before the playoffs so I dont see a big opportunity for a "bye" week.

INteresting read;

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/10/2...1_lnk1%7C179523

Overall, of the 66 automatic qualifying BCS teams, only seven have a winning record when playing a higher-ranked opponent since 2005. Following Florida, West Virginia and Oregon are three ACC teams – Virginia Tech (58.3 percent), N.C. State (57.1 percent) and Boston College (54.5 percent) – and then Georgia at 53.8 percent.
Maybe OVERATED and UNDERATED isn't determined by conference, but by team. And according to this article, Florida Gators would be the most UNDERATED. Go Figure.

Just got back from GameDay on the Quad. That was pretty fun. Corso gave the death kiss to the Sooners.

Win or lose, this will be fun today. Packing up the kids now and going to the homecoming parade.

Mizzou scheduled the #1 team in the nation for homecoming? I thought the goal was to kick somebody's ass for homecoming (i.e. schedule a paycheck game that weekend).

We only had 2 games in October (when we plan homecoming), one was CU (early) and the other was OU...

We don't set the conference schedule, so we get what we get.

If we win, it'll be sweeter... I'm hopeful, but even with a 3pt current spread in favor of OU, (that puts them about a TD better according to betting sites), if they don't bring their A game... anything is possible.

In watching every game this year, we haven't shown that we're super great, but the last couple games, we have put together a complete game anyway. Now we get to play a solid team, we'll see if our young team can respond positive.

Go Tigers!

PS - another proud tradition...
Mizzou by many accounts started Homecoming, against our most hated rivals, the dreaded KU beakers. This is our 99 year anniversary of Homecoming.

http://www.mizzou.com/s/1002/index.aspx?si...=1&pgid=369

Well, got to go to the Homecoming Parade - have a great weekend, and if you're not an OU fan, cheer for my Tigers!
LSU Homecoming History

1909• In 1949, a Reveille article titled “Files Show First Homecoming Took Place December, 1909,” reported that a Reveille article from December 1909 stated that “The anniversary [in 1910] will also provide a great Homecoming, the gathering together of men who have made the University and have been made by it.” The anniversary in 1910 was to be the the 50th anniversary of LSU. On the basis of the misleading headline, the 2009 Homecoming theme was "100 Years of Homecoming." (The first “official” Homecoming was in 1925.)
Albeit "unofficial", I'll take it. :p

And I'll cheer for another Tiger team. It's sure better than cheering for oklahoma. :D

Has everyone but LSU's coaching staff become aware of the QB situation of doom? :angry:

Man... Auburn just outplayed us today.

OK, it'll be a while before I can go to sleep...

That was an amazing experience. Holy crap.

I won't be able to talk for probably a couple days. There is NO voice left.

I'm pissed at LSU...they ruined a nearly perfect weekend of college football. Louisville won, Alabama won, Kentucky lost, Oklahoma lost, and Notre Dame lost. The only black mark on the day was Auburn winning.

Another big shake up in the polls, this is what is great about college Fball. I don't think anyone is gonna want that #1 spot this week.

Give it to Oregon, and USC will keep this streak alive. :D

We had a good time at the UT-Bama game. The first half was great cause TN actually kept it close and went into halftime with some momentum. Bama crushed that momentum very quickly in the 3rd and ran away with the game just like I thought they would, but at least it was competitive for a little while. I guess I'm getting old, but it was amazing to watch the group of college kids tailgating in front of us kill a keg by 3 pm (7 pm game) and then start drinking cans and liquor. It's been a long time since I've drank like that. Can't imagine how they felt the next morning...

I'm pissed at LSU...they ruined a nearly perfect weekend of college football. Louisville won, Alabama won, Kentucky lost, Oklahoma lost, and Notre Dame lost. The only black mark on the day was Auburn winning.

A Cards win and Kentucky lose always makes for a good weekend. Turns out out tickets were for box seats up in the new part of the arena. Free beer and food all day. What a great weekend for football.

Last two Louisville games I have been at have been shutouts.

Next game I'll be at is probably WVU.

^^^ We'll see how that one works out for ya. :D

If Syracuse can beat the 'Eers, then maybe Louisville can shut them out. Pathetic Pathetic Pathetic.

Bill "Opie" Stewart, aka Luther, should be fired. Its quite sad.

west-virginia-south-floridajpg-2be01b02ee21c99a_small.jpg

A Cards win and Kentucky lose always makes for a good weekend. Turns out out tickets were for box seats up in the new part of the arena. Free beer and food all day. What a great weekend for football.
I've been in the UL Development Suite for a few games...that is a nice way to watch a game. I'm always at the President's Tailgating party which has free food and booze. I usually get liquored up there, then sober up during the game.

Back