CA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st try, I passed PE construction , and I took the EET breath and construction depth classes.

Yes, for CA Civil PE, you need to pass all three tests. The 8 hour, Surveying and Seismic.

Yes. It makes the experience all the worse for environmental engineers like myself. Having to learn this many topics from scratch its pretty daunting.

Congratulations to all the guys who have passed the exam! I just checked my NCEES account. I passed the ME Mechanical Systems & Materials exam.

From post #16 in the thread: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=25205&p=7279858

"License numbers are issued immediately and the database is updated approx. the same time results are released. What you paid for gets you about 2 months of registration, then you have to pay for the next two years."

Ahh, yeah I got that. I am curious if anyone knows how they decide who gets what number? For example, lets say there are 1000 new licencees this administration period.

Do they assign them alphabetically? Scores on exams? Order application was filed? Some other metric?

Looking back at old exam threads, the same question has been asked and it looks like alphabetically definitely isn't it. I would guess its based on the order the applications wer filed but what do I know? Also, looks like scores were given one day and the license lookup was updated the next day so hopefully we'll know our license numbers tomorrow morning!

I think license numbers are your Identification Number provided by the board. Any thoughts?

My number is ~30,000 higher than the last license issued. Maybe EIT... Although that number is about 28,000 higher than my password.

My number is the same as the email giving authorization to test. So they really didn't give us any new information, besides making sure our productivity is minimized...

I think license numbers are your Identification Number provided by the board. Any thoughts?

I don't think this is correct because of what's below. I copied this from the BPELSG License Lookup page. This indicates that license numbers are awarded numerically by date issued (#33965 must be around 1982). The last license number issued was #83846 so I would imagine the next person to be licensed will be #83847.

NOTE: Civil Engineers with a license number of 33965 and lower may practice land surveying without being licensed as a Land Surveyor.

For all we know, the numbers might be assigned first by discipline and then alphabetically. It's just a guessing game, but I don't think CA would have a mechanical and civil with the same license number. That alone just sounds like trouble.

It can't be the ID# because if you didn't pass, your number wouldn't be reserved. The BPELSG site was last updated on 5/26, so it should have our numbers listed when they update it (possibly tomorrow).

For all we know, the numbers might be assigned first by discipline and then alphabetically. It's just a guessing game, but I don't think CA would have a mechanical and civil with the same license number. That alone just sounds like trouble.
I think there are just a whole lot more civils than all the other licencees, so the higher numbers only have civil at this point. For example, a search for license number 15000 results in an electrical, civil, and mechanical:

Name Type Number Status Address City Zip County BERGEVIN KEITH WILLIAM E 15000 CLEAR 573 RUSTIC RANCH LN LINCOLN 95648 PLACER BUCKWALTER ROBERT M C 15000 CLEAR 2440 GARFIELD AVENUE CARMICHAEL 95608 SACRAMENTO HARRIS JOHN ROBERT M 15000 CANCELLED 1809 QUEENS COURT ROSEVILLE 95661 PLACER

Back