CA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! Just saw my name. It's a relief to know that I did in fact pass the exams and obtained my license!

I was paranoid this morning and woke up to double check that my file said pass on every line item. Haha!

It's a shame that we have to pay the registration fee so soon but it's nice to know we got in before the fingerprinting is mandated!
I don't see nothing yet, even though NCEES says pass. You're making me paranoid man!
If there's one thing to be learned from this process, it's don't pay attention to the state's website regarding PE numbers. PA had a big issue/debacle last time around where they listed a bunch of people (probably everyone in the state) as passed when that definitely wasn't the case. So, people saw 'Fail' on one website and had a PE license number on another website.

Yup! Just saw my name. It's a relief to know that I did in fact pass the exams and obtained my license!

I was paranoid this morning and woke up to double check that my file said pass on every line item. Haha!

It's a shame that we have to pay the registration fee so soon but it's nice to know we got in before the fingerprinting is mandated!
I don't see nothing yet, even though NCEES says pass. You're making me paranoid man!
If there's one thing to be learned from this process, it's don't pay attention to the state's website regarding PE numbers. PA had a big issue/debacle last time around where they listed a bunch of people (probably everyone in the state) as passed when that definitely wasn't the case. So, people saw 'Fail' on one website and had a PE license number on another website.
Isn't PA a PCS state? I can understand there being a mix-up with a PCS state but CA handles it's own examinations. I've never heard of a person in CA receiving a license number and then having it rescinded, especially if they were told they passed all the exams.

Isn't PA a PCS state? I can understand there being a mix-up with a PCS state but CA handles it's own examinations. I've never heard of a person in CA receiving a license number and then having it rescinded, especially if they were told they passed all the exams.
It is, but problems do happen... I wouldn't attribute all issues to PCS.

Passed seismic on my third attempt. EET's review course is what did it for me. If anyone is having trouble with seismic (like I did), I highly recommend EET's online webinar. Dr. Ibrahim is an excellent teacher and actually makes the subject enjoyably and easy to understand.

I'm finally a CA PE!

Congrats to everyone that passed!

The new highest number I found was 84603 and the previous highest was 83547... So it seems like 757 civils got their licenses! Congratulations to all!

i passed 2/3 on my first attempt. Couldn't quite get past Surveying. Highly recommend EET course for 8-hour prep. I took water resources, and Nazrul had me very prepared. It was worth all the time and effort I put into studying.. Never having to go to Cal Expo again is a blessing!! :)

Failed my surveying, already started studying again for it. I can't wait to see my name on the BPELS site in December 2015 and join the prestigious few engineers of the world who take the Calfiornia PE.

Got my official letter too. I don't have to go through finger testing and stuff. Congrats to you all who are in the same boat. Now, how can I get a seal? Does anybody has info on that?

Got my official letter too. I don't have to go through finger testing and stuff. Congrats to you all who are in the same boat. Now, how can I get a seal? Does anybody has info on that?
If you're talking about a stamp/embosser, there are vendors posting deals for new engineers. I think the two are engineer seals and pestamps? Alternatively, you can look online for other options for your stamp. I'm going to get a stamp and an embosser just to be fancy. :)

If you're talking about a stamp/embosser, there are vendors posting deals for new engineers. I think the two are engineer seals and pestamps? Alternatively, you can look online for other options for your stamp. I'm going to get a stamp and an embosser just to be fancy. :)
Thanks, NakedOrangie! ya thats what I meant stamp/embosser. One of my references also used embosser on my application. From then on I decided I would get both. Which vendor are you getting these things from? Have you picked one yet?

Failed my surveying, already started studying again for it. I can't wait to see my name on the BPELS site in December 2015 and join the prestigious few engineers of the world who take the Calfiornia PE.
I took Reza's class (www.surveyingreview.com) as an ME undergrad who never took a surveying class at any level. He helped me pass on my first try.

Thanks, NakedOrangie! ya thats what I meant stamp/embosser. One of my references also used embosser on my application. From then on I decided I would get both. Which vendor are you getting these things from? Have you picked one yet?
Not yet, I'm still debating on my options.

According to the board rule (BPELSG), three titles can be used in the seal, either "Professional Engineer", "Registered Professional Engineer", or "Licensed Professional Engineer." Any thoughts or preferences and why? Just curious

According to the board rule (BPELSG), three titles can be used in the seal, either "Professional Engineer", "Registered Professional Engineer", or "Licensed Professional Engineer." Any thoughts or preferences and why? Just curious

No idea, but I went and ordered mine with "Licensed Professional Engineer" as I liked the way it sounded. CA doesn't seem to have too many requirements other than the titles, min and max size and listing of discipline.

Question to you all knowledgeable people. Do we have to put expiration date of the license on California PE Stamp? One of my referee has "EXP" on his California stamp and a blank space to put the date, however I don't see that's mandatory as per board regulations? Do you guys have expiration date field on your stamp? Please help!

Question to you all knowledgeable people. Do we have to put expiration date of the license on California PE Stamp? One of my referee has "EXP" on his California stamp and a blank space to put the date, however I don't see that's mandatory as per board regulations? Do you guys have expiration date field on your stamp? Please help!
It's up to you, really. Some have their expiration date on their stamp so it can be easily read, others have the "Expires:_________" layout, and others just leave it off completely and write it in by hand. The regulations just indicate that it needs to be included - it's up to you as to how.

Back