CA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all we know, the numbers might be assigned first by discipline and then alphabetically. It's just a guessing game, but I don't think CA would have a mechanical and civil with the same license number. That alone just sounds like trouble.
I think there are just a whole lot more civils than all the other licencees, so the higher numbers only have civil at this point. For example, a search for license number 15000 results in an electrical, civil, and mechanical:

Name Type Number Status Address City Zip County BERGEVIN KEITH WILLIAM E 15000 CLEAR 573 RUSTIC RANCH LN LINCOLN 95648 PLACER BUCKWALTER ROBERT M C 15000 CLEAR 2440 GARFIELD AVENUE CARMICHAEL 95608 SACRAMENTO HARRIS JOHN ROBERT M 15000 CANCELLED 1809 QUEENS COURT ROSEVILLE 95661 PLACER
I don't have enough posts to edit that last one... But on my screen before I posted it was in a table and organized neatly!

What's the next step for us? Do we need to send in a check or something to get our numbers? Are they assigned automatically? I passed (yeah!), but not sure what comes next!

For all we know, the numbers might be assigned first by discipline and then alphabetically. It's just a guessing game, but I don't think CA would have a mechanical and civil with the same license number. That alone just sounds like trouble.
I think there are just a whole lot more civils than all the other licencees, so the higher numbers only have civil at this point. For example, a search for license number 15000 results in an electrical, civil, and mechanical:

Name Type Number Status Address City Zip County BERGEVIN KEITH WILLIAM E 15000 CLEAR 573 RUSTIC RANCH LN LINCOLN 95648 PLACER BUCKWALTER ROBERT M C 15000 CLEAR 2440 GARFIELD AVENUE CARMICHAEL 95608 SACRAMENTO HARRIS JOHN ROBERT M 15000 CANCELLED 1809 QUEENS COURT ROSEVILLE 95661 PLACER
I don't have enough posts to edit that last one... But on my screen before I posted it was in a table and organized neatly!
According to the Board Rules,

"410. Certificates. (a) Certificates and licenses will be issued in the order in which the applicants qualify"

That doesn't really clarify, but I think it depends on the order they approve us through their system, which may not be the order in which we applied.

BPELS update their facebook. They must be getting a lot of calls hahaha

Regarding the release of the Spring 2015 professional engineering and land surveying examination results: if the candidate has met all of the requirements for licensure, a separate letter will be sent to the candidate with information about their license, including their license number. It is anticipated that this letter will be sent by May 29, 2015. The newly-licensed individuals should be listed on License Lookup by June 1, 2015.

AfiGcK8.png

OMG, I just found out I passed all 3 exams in 1st attempt !!!!! I am officially a CA PE now :party-smiley-048:

Passed all 3 first try. Did Civil Water Resources.

8-hr: I only studied the NCEES practice books (3 different years), using CERM and 2-3 other books (Fluids, Hydrology, W/WW Treatment). I used no PPI material other than CERM. Now, all the problems I solved, I "over-solved" and made a nice solution book, where I had CERM and reference text pages noted, key equations, little tidbits, etc. Any topic the problem covered, I searched out in CERM/references info related to it, and made notes to try and give as complete an explanation as possible for the problem. I tabbed and referenced this homemade solution book at least 15 times during the exam.

Seismic - I studied Hiner and used 7-10. I went thru the mc problems in Hiner 3 times, and did the depth problems twice. I had 7-10 tabbed very well, made a "commonly used" section of Hiner/7-10 material at the front of my binder. I had this tabbed very well.

Survey - I studied 120 as my major source. I simply did problems over and over and they slowly settled in. The day before the exam, I did the two Mansour practice exams. I crammed Survey for 10 days after I finished the Seismic and 8-hr exams.

I started studying in January. I have a 2 year old at home and time was tight.

Total breakdown of study hours - 92 hours 8-hr (80 hours in Jan Feb, and 12 hours of review right before the exam), 60 hrs Seismic, all in march and april, and then 30ish hours Survey.

About 20% of my studies was with 2 other candidates which helped, asking questions AND explaining things to them was beneficial.

In October, I took an ASCE review course as my undergrad is not civil engineering, and I wanted exposure to the topics before really beginning my studies in Jan. I felt the course was poor in general, though the structural/seismic guy was good. Survey, construction, were worth little.

License lookup has been updated!! Great feeling to see my name finally when I search!

Yup! Just saw my name. It's a relief to know that I did in fact pass the exams and obtained my license!

I was paranoid this morning and woke up to double check that my file said pass on every line item. Haha!

It's a shame that we have to pay the registration fee so soon but it's nice to know we got in before the fingerprinting is mandated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup! Just saw my name. It's a relief to know that I did in fact pass the exams and obtained my license!

I was paranoid this morning and woke up to double check that my file said pass on every line item. Haha!

It's a shame that we have to pay the registration fee so soon but it's nice to know we got in before the fingerprinting is mandated!
I don't see nothing yet, even though NCEES says pass. You're making me paranoid man!

I don't see nothing yet, even though NCEES says pass. You're making me paranoid man!
Can't edit, but found it. Whew!

Back