CA IS OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you stamped anything yet?????!!!! :D
When I receive my stamp, any day now, I'll stamp a whole bunch in different colors (yeah, I got the 2-color ink pad) on my home-made note folder that I used to pass the PE.  I'll keep this home-made note folder along with the bunch of college engineering books I still have on my bookshelves.   On a separate note, the Stamp/Seal Vendor that advertises on this forum has awesome customer service and ships fast too; I got the tracking# within an hour of ordering.   

I got my wallet card yesterday! Although we need to laminate it ourselves. I guess that is alright and makes sense, since we also need to sign it.

Now it's just the certificate!

^^ Eventually you'll get an ID card that is the size of a credit card.

KEEP IT.

I had to wear mine in a lanyard when I inspected Kaiser Oakland last year.

^^ Eventually you'll get an ID card that is the size of a credit card.

KEEP IT.

I had to wear mine in a lanyard when I inspected Kaiser Oakland last year.
Seems odd to require one to wear their PE-ness around their neck for an inspection. :dunno:  

I got my wallet card yesterday! Although we need to laminate it ourselves. I guess that is alright and makes sense, since we also need to sign it.

Now it's just the certificate!
? The ID card have an expiration date. Will the board provide a new ID for each renewal? @leggo PE do you have your frame ready for the certificate? ?

Wallet or smaller version is replaced every renewal period. The wall certificate says you became a PE. The smaller version shows that your license is active. If anyone ever asks you to provide a copy of your license,  it's the small version that they want.  This is the one that will also include your address on it.

? The ID card have an expiration date. Will the board provide a new ID for each renewal? @leggo PE do you have your frame ready for the certificate? ?
Nope, I don't have a frame yet. Should probably order that.

The "wallet-size" paper card is issued by the Board's umbrella agency and will be reissued each renewal period.  BPELSG themselves also issues "wallet-sized" plastic cards without an expiration date that is intended to last longer.  The large certificate is paper.

The "wallet-size" paper card is issued by the Board's umbrella agency and will be reissued each renewal period.  BPELSG themselves also issues "wallet-sized" plastic cards without an expiration date that is intended to last longer.  The large certificate is paper.
Hmmm.... I thought the plastic cards were replacing the paper cards. 

By the way, my biggest complaint with the paper cards is that they are not wallet size!  They are like 10% bigger than a typical credit card/driver license size.  Incredibly frustrating when there is no slot in your wallet big enough for the unconventional size! 

I just photocopy it at 90%, "laminate" it with clear packing tape, and stick it in my wallet (and never use it).  :)  

Hmmm.... I thought the plastic cards were replacing the paper cards. 

By the way, my biggest complaint with the paper cards is that they are not wallet size!  They are like 10% bigger than a typical credit card/driver license size.  Incredibly frustrating when there is no slot in your wallet big enough for the unconventional size! 

I just photocopy it at 90%, "laminate" it with clear packing tape, and stick it in my wallet (and never use it).  :)  
Since BPELSG is not in charge of producing/printing the paper cards, there is only so much they will listen to in terms of asking for improvements.  BPELSG sidestepped this agency to produce the plastic cards and certificates ourselves. 

My wall certificate has arrived!  It has the gold seals and everything  :D   Just in time for the weekend's shopping of frame.   :thankyou:
Whaaatttt lucky! And yay! Now the waiting is over for you!

Another reason for me to go and order a frame! Haha.

Nice...! Is the credit card size ID included? @OldenEngineer Betcha is framed already? ;-)
The small wallet sized paper cert arrived about a week before the wall certificate.  However, the credit card size (plastic?) has not arrived yet.  So are we supposed to get 3 things: paper wallet size cert, wall cert, and then plastic credit card?  

Believe it or not; I didn't have time to go get the frame this last weekend.  I spent the entire weekend celebrating with family for my new accomplishment, the PE  :D   I had a great time showing the wall cert to everyone.  I figured to let them touch the embossed gold seals.  Seriously though, I should not procrastinate with the frame.   Got it on my to-do list for the next weekend.  

Back