CA IS OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whaaatttt lucky! And yay! Now the waiting is over for you!

Another reason for me to go and order a frame! Haha.
Waiting is over for the wall cert., but the feeling of being a new PE lasts and lasts.  If I don't know it any better, I think it's made me a little younger  :D .  Perhaps, I should change my handle to YoungenEngineer  :rolleyes:    Hope you get yours soon or already.  Now I'm just waiting for plastic credit card thingy to complete my arsenal of PE gears.  

Now I'm just waiting for plastic credit card thingy to complete my arsenal of PE gears.  
Yes but have you ordered new PE license plates for your vehicle? :thumbs:

New-Prof-Engineer-Psngr_1.png

Yes but have you ordered new PE license plates for your vehicle? :thumbs:

New-Prof-Engineer-Psngr_1.png
See what you've done?   Now, you leave me no choice but to expand that PE gear arsenal.  I will get one for my boat too... that is, when I can afford one  :B

Certificate arrived today, but there is a typo on mine! Where it states "registered in..." they printed "civil engineer engineering." Wondering if anyone else had similar issue or if mistakes on certificates have been a problem in the past? I'm guessing if I contact the Board they will resend a certificate as this doesn't seem like it's based on any information that I provided and should be in predetermined fields (e.g. civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering)?

Certificate arrived today, but there is a typo on mine! Where it states "registered in..." they printed "civil engineer engineering." Wondering if anyone else had similar issue or if mistakes on certificates have been a problem in the past? I'm guessing if I contact the Board they will resend a certificate as this doesn't seem like it's based on any information that I provided and should be in predetermined fields (e.g. civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering)?
I have the same printed on mine also. Wooow! Now what?

What part is wrong? Here's mine from a few cycles ago:

e84d894c393ab775a4d625f19433ce17.jpg

What part is wrong? Here's mine from a few cycles ago:

The part on your certificate that says "Mechanical Engineering", for Civil it printed "Civil Engineer Engineering" not "Civil Engineering". Every Civil Engineers should contact the board to replace our certificate with free of charge if this is a typo.

The part on your certificate that says "Mechanical Engineering", for Civil it printed "Civil Engineer Engineering" not "Civil Engineering". Every Civil Engineers should contact the board to replace our certificate with free of charge if this is a typo.
I have the same typo, here's how mine looks (see attached)

PE Certificate Civil.png

Wow, that blows!  Mine is Electrical and it seems to be correct.   I'd email the board asking them to redo and make it right.  On the bright side, when the board sends you a corrected version, you Civil Engineers will have a limited version to hang on to and that's a great thing!

PE.png

Oh my! I got my certificate yesterday, too. But left it at home accidentally. I didn't notice if there was a typo or not. I will definitely need to check that when I get home tonight!

I have the same typo, here's how mine looks (see attached)

View attachment 9798
If you received a certificate like shown in this example, you will need to send the incorrectly printed certificate back to BPELSG and request a new (correct) one.  Since this certificate is an official document, you cannot keep it.  BPELSG will issue you a replacement.

Hello everyone and congrats to all the new PE's! Im new to this forum but i have a question that i cant seem to find the answer to. For those who took the exam but waited to submit the application until after you passed (per the new california specs), have you heard back? I havent heard anything and submitted mine in the last few days in may. It would appear i should have just submitted it before i took the exam and then sent in the notification of pass and i would have a license number now! Waiting on this license is more stressful than waiting on the test results lol. 

Hello everyone and congrats to all the new PE's! Im new to this forum but i have a question that i cant seem to find the answer to. For those who took the exam but waited to submit the application until after you passed (per the new california specs), have you heard back? I havent heard anything and submitted mine in the last few days in may. It would appear i should have just submitted it before i took the exam and then sent in the notification of pass and i would have a license number now! Waiting on this license is more stressful than waiting on the test results lol. 
If you are applying for licensure as a civil engineer, you would not receive a license until after passing the two state Civil exams and the take home exam on the laws and rules.  If you are seeking licensure as a professional engineer other than civil, contact:

Questions about Licensure and Certification Qualifications and Applications
(916) 263-2193 or [email protected]

If you received a certificate like shown in this example, you will need to send the incorrectly printed certificate back to BPELSG and request a new (correct) one.  Since this certificate is an official document, you cannot keep it.  BPELSG will issue you a replacement.
A letter is being prepared to be sent out to all new licensees that received an incorrectly printed certificate.  Once the incorrect one is returned, a new certificate will be sent.

My certificate has the "typo" too ("Civil Engineer Engineering"). I'm guessing they were auto generated and there was a spot where someone was supposed to type "civil" and accidentally typed "civil engineer". I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the letter that accompanied the certificate also in several places refers to my "civil engineer engineer" license.

I guess this isn't as bad as the time that PA send out a bunch of EIT certificates by mistake to students that passed the FE but had not graduated yet and then sent them a letter a week later demanding that they return them or face penalty. At least we got the correct certificate.

I am sort of glad that there is a typo and we get to return the ones we have received.

I was very unhappy when I opened the mailbox and saw that it was all bent.

I would suggest the board writing on the envelope "do not bend", to guarantee that we receive our certificates in good shape.

I guess this isn't as bad as the time that PA send out a bunch of EIT certificates by mistake to students that passed the FE but had not graduated yet and then sent them a letter a week later demanding that they return them or face penalty. At least we got the correct certificate.
Wow, that is so PA! When did this happen?

Wow, that is so PA! When did this happen?
If I remember correctly, if was after the spring 2011 exam cycle. Several of my friends had taken the FE that cycle as juniors in college and received the EIT certificates after their exam results notices.

Back