CA IS OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to all that where successive on passing the exam(s). And good luck on the next one to all who barely missed a passing score.

I called the Board and it was an issue with my fingerprints, the finger print processor? (Patty) gave me a call back to state it got on hold for some reason and she released it and my name should be put on the website by Monday or Tuesday along with an issued Civil PE number. Fingers crossed that it is true, for the rest of you I recommend giving them a call. 

Woohoo, thanks for the tip! I hadn't checked yet today, for some reason. But now I have my number! Gotta go order my stamp now. :)

Any disciplines other than civil seeing numbers yet? I know I should be patient, but it's difficult.

Woohoo, thanks for the tip! I hadn't checked yet today, for some reason. But now I have my number! Gotta go order my stamp now. :)
Been too excited and forgot about the stamp.  Gotta do that now and while at it, do the new business card :p .  Where's everybody ordering the stamp?  

Mine is the exact same. I didn't notice until you said that though. I wonder what the reason is?

Anyway, congrats!!! WE DID IT!!!!
First-time Licensure - Engineers and Land Surveyors examination fee includes licensure through the first renewal quarter after the exam results were approved by the Board. Approximately one to two months after being notified of passing the examination, first-time licensees will receive a renewal notice for payment of the full renewal fee. Once renewed, the license will be valid for an additional two (2) years. The renewal month and day will remain the same until the license is retired, canceled, or revoked. Geologists and Geophysicists must apply for initial license certification after passing the appropriate examinations. Those eligible for initial license/certification will receive notification from the Board regarding first time licensure.

Answer my own question. Found it on the board website.

Yes.  I'm Electrical, got posted this morning when I checked at 4:30am.
Thank you. I might email them, then. I had submitted before the original fall deadline, received the email stating they had my application as well as the email saying I was approved, and I have notified them that I passed.

I'll reach out to see if there's something holding up my license. Thanks for weighing in.

Thank you. I might email them, then. I had submitted before the original fall deadline, received the email stating they had my application as well as the email saying I was approved, and I have notified them that I passed.

I'll reach out to see if there's something holding up my license. Thanks for weighing in.
Anytime!  If you've already gotten your Fingerprint thingy done & approved by the board, then I think you've done everything as required & are good to go.  I did it back in 2015 when the fingerprint requirement was just announced.  I made sure a board person sent me an email telling me that my fingerprint was cleared & approved.  

@OldenEngineer that was wise. I sent it all in together and never received my postcards back, but did get the email telling me the application was approved. Hope that means everything was received and cleared!

Did any one receive an official notification like an email from the CA PE Board stating that you are now licensed engineer?  

Mine is the exact same. I didn't notice until you said that though. I wonder what the reason is?

Anyway, congrats!!! WE DID IT!!!!
I THINK Sept my be the end of the fiscal year for the state. I could be wrong

But, How come my expiration date is Sep. 30,2017. 

3 Months later?
I just got my letter. It expires on the nearest end of the quarter of the year. You then habe to renew and it stays valid for 2 days. Certificates arrive later in the month.

Congratulations! You are now a California licensed Professional Civil Engineer. Please read the attached letter for more information.As a first-time licensee, your fees included licensure through the first renewal quarter after obtaining a license. Approximately one to two months after being notified of initial licensure, licensees will receive a renewal notice for payment of the full renewal fee. Once renewed, the license will be valid for an additional two (2) years. The renewal month and day will remain the same unless the license is retired, cancelled, or revoked.

Back