CA IS OUT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know.. I sent mine in Friday morning, so hopefully I have a response by Tuesday.  

After waiting forever to pass all of the exams required, I think i can hang on another month to get the #.  

Hello Cinnamon, after you sent the email, did you get a response saying they received the notice. I haven't heard anything yet. A little worried. Thank you.

When did you send you board notification letter?   Haven't received the email you received yet :/

My interpenetration is the same as yours though, looks like we might not be licensed until July...
Hello Gorgoroth, same thing here. Did you receive any email now after sending the notification letter? Thank you.

Licensing efforts for those candidates that received California specific exams results are already underway and those that have satisfied all requirements should be receiving additional notification within the next 1-2 weeks.
Thanks, CAPLS.

Hello Leggo, I sent the signed notice to the email address last Thursday, however, never heard back, mentioning the notice was received. Is this normal? Thank you. 
Hmm, I can't really say if it's normal or not. It's only been two business days since then, so I wouldn't be worried at this point. But I would check to make sure you sent it to the correct email address ([email protected]), and otherwise, if you haven't heard back by a few days from now, I would maybe send a follow up email just trying to confirm that it was received.

The BPELSG is requesting that we don't call them here: http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/exam_results_memo_0517.pdf. That's the memo that is linked to on the BPELSG homepage under the update about PE exam results release dated 5/26/2017.

I have a doubt if anyone of you can help. I have passed the PE exam in Texas but I don't have enough experience for Texas PE yet. Is it possible if I can apply for California PE with Texas exam result( I am not licensed anywhere yet)?

If yes, what's the process? 

I have a doubt if anyone of you can help. I have passed the PE exam in Texas but I don't have enough experience for Texas PE yet. Is it possible if I can apply for California PE with Texas exam result( I am not licensed anywhere yet)?

If yes, what's the process? 
@Vish, are you trying to become a licensed civil PE? What is your discipline?

I ask because to become a licensed civil PE in CA, you need to fulfill the requirements of the state Professional Engineer Application, located here: http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/pubs/forms/ceapp.pdf

The short answer is that CA is not a typically "easy" state to become a licensed civil PE in, as you need to pass two additional state specific exams (one on surveying and one on seismic).

If you are not looking to become a civil PE, check this page for the information on what you need to fulfill to become licensed PE in any discipline: http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/appintrope.shtml

I hope this helps!

@leggo PE Thanks for the reply. I was looking for Electrical-Power. I just wanted to know with Texas PE exam can I proceed with the application. I don't wanna go ahead and later find out I am not elligible. Because California just want two years of experience and only one if you have your master degree ( if I am not wrong).

@leggo PE Thanks for the reply. I was looking for Electrical-Power. I just wanted to know with Texas PE exam can I proceed with the application. I don't wanna go ahead and later find out I am not elligible. Because California just want two years of experience and only one if you have your master degree ( if I am not wrong).
Gotcha! Yes, you are correct about the work requirements. I don't see why you couldn't apply to become a licensed PE in CA, then. I'd just follow the application here: http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/pubs/forms/peapp.pdf

Hello Cinnamon, after you sent the email, did you get a response saying they received the notice. I haven't heard anything yet. A little worried. Thank you.
I sent in the "notification of successful examination" last Friday and received this today from the CA PE Board  "Your notice has been received. Once it has been determined you are qualified for licensure, you will be placed on the next licensing list. Licensing lists are finalized in the middle of each month with the intent of issuing licenses by the end of the month."   This doesn't say anything about my being qualified for licensure.  

Now, I've passed on the 3rd try (Electrical PE) and that means I've already used the "refile" form 2 times as my application for licensure and they were accepted by the Board to allow me to sit in the PE exam (this was done prior to the recent change where you don't have to apply & accepted by the Board before you could sit for the PE) .  I've also got my fingerprint done & accepted by the Board about a year ago.   I think I've done everything, but still am a little nervous about missing one of those little thing that I'm not aware of.  

Not who you were asking, but I did received notice that they had received my form.

@OldenEngineer as far as I understand this new email response they are sending is only in regards to decoupling. If you were allowed to sit for previous exams you have everything required and the only final step for you would be to notify them that you passed (which you have done).

The email you copied is the latest email I have received. It states you will receive a license number at the end of the next cycle--not sure what other response you are looking for.

The reason they state "once it has been determined you are qualified" is because of the decoupling. You have been qualified in the past so why would you be disqualified now?

BPELGS just updated their license lookup. New licenses our now posted! I've been waiting for this moment a long time. Congrats to all the new registered engineers! Now I can finally relax!

BPELGS just updated their license lookup. New licenses our now posted! I've been waiting for this moment a long time. Congrats to all the new registered engineers! Now I can finally relax!
First thing I've checked during morning coffee everyday since I got the NCEES result.  I've been a nervous wreck.  As of today, no longer - It's a great feeling knowing that I'm now officially a  P.E.  :D     Congrats to all the newly registered engineers.  

For those that didn't make it this round, keep trying & you will make it!   I'm pushing 50, been out of school over 25 years, regular full-time job + evening/weekend part-time consulting, wife, kids and still did it.  You can too!  I've learned that by just examining your test-taking strategy, you will improve a lot.  This was what I tried this last time when I finally passed.  Analyze your method of viewing & solving the problems and how you approached the problems during the exam and find your weaknesses & strengths in your methods, then go from there.  

Same. Congrats

But, How come my expiration date is Sep. 30,2017. 

3 Months later?

My name is not on the website. Board states my fingerprints are being processed but I submitted everything last Fall and my Application was approved. I failed the seismic exam and had to retake it this spring.

Anybody else having same issue?

Can't find my license either. First time taker in Mechanical, sent NCEES notification the afternoon it came out. Received email notification from the Board stating they approved my application. Do they usually release licenses in waves?

I wasn't expecting license numbers until the end of the month.

Back