April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to feel like CO may be fighting with them this year for that title.
Not yet.

Every year there's one State that says that they told NCEES to release, and NCEES says that they're still waiting for authorization; usually there's a third party involved, and maybe some tech issues - there ends up being a lot of finger pointing. It seems like New Jersey gets the honor this administration.

We haven't heard the same from Minnesota, Georgia, and Colorado yet. The rumor is that Minny is just getting envelopes together, so situation normal up there. Until I hear otherwise, I'm just assuming Colorado is DORA being DORA, and Georgia being Georgia.

They are referring to the NJ DCA Checklist. You can log in and it has a list of all of your documents (fees, application status, references etc) and the dates they were received. I check this like a madman waiting for approval to sit. Rumor has it, sometimes they might input your pass into the system so it shows up in the checklist even before you are notified by NCEES/the State itself. It seems like it's random draw and there's no science to it.

It took them weeks, even a month or so after I got my pass email to update it for me.

https://newjersey.mylicense.com/eGov/Login.aspx
my co-worker who took the exam in april has no knowledge (or access) to his NJDCA account or checklist. I kinda feel bad for him. kinda....

Not yet.

Every year there's one State that says that they told NCEES to release, and NCEES says that they're still waiting for authorization; usually there's a third party involved, and maybe some tech issues - there ends up being a lot of finger pointing. It seems like New Jersey gets the honor this administration.

We haven't heard the same from Minnesota, Georgia, and Colorado yet. The rumor is that Minny is just getting envelopes together, so situation normal up there. Until I hear otherwise, I'm just assuming Colorado is DORA being DORA, and Georgia being Georgia.
I was told by NJ that there must be some miscommunication between NJ and NCEES. Excellent.

I was told by NJ that there must be some miscommunication between NJ and NCEES. Excellent.
tenor.gif

my co-worker who took the exam in april has no knowledge (or access) to his NJDCA account or checklist. I kinda feel bad for him. kinda....
I'm in the same boat, I only took it in NJ to pass the test (hopefully) and then will file for licensure in NY once my pre-requisite design experience is accepted. Is there any way for me to check it ?

I'm in the same boat, I only took it in NJ to pass the test (hopefully) and then will file for licensure in NY once my pre-requisite design experience is accepted. Is there any way for me to check it ?
I have the same issue, since i did not apply to the board to take the exam I am not able to get the DCA checklist.... womp womp

Not yet.

I know MN waits until they have their results postmarked, so should I interpret "getting the envelopes around" as no results until next week?

Hard to say. I'd expect them to authorize NCEES to release as soon as they have they put the last letter "in the mail". In normal times I'd expect it this afternoon. But if we consider COVID limitations and use Oct 2020 as a model then Monday (maybe Tuesday at the latest) looks more likely.
Because of the weekend, it's entirely possible some people will get their results in the mail before the NCEES email.

Last edited:
So as best I can gather between here and reddit: The following States are confirmed waiting:
  • New Jersey
  • Georgia
  • Minnesota
  • Colorado
  • Montana
  • Alaska
No word either way from:
  • Maine
  • DC
  • South Dakota
  • Hawaii
My guess is that all but Hawaii in the list have released and we just don't know about it yet. @justin-hawaii , @Roarbark have you heard anything?

Not yet.

Ugh, I’m sorry for everyone who’s still awaiting results! But you have the company of everyone who took the S.E. Exams, and misery loves company, right?

Although gosh, I really hope you all get your results before S.E. Exam takers get their results.

Question: does NJ recognize the S.E. Exam and necessitate it for any recognized engineer title in the state? If so, I feel extra badly for all S.E. exam takers in NJ....

1622831973929.png
my desperation has come to this.... i was looking at this yesterday and it seems Georgia has added a grand total of 7 PE licenses since yesterday lol (i believe it was at 23,379)

This was my 3rd time taking the test. don't give up. I recommend EET for WRE
I second that I took EET for AM and not the depth I used the same AM notes for depth too... the classes are helpful too except may be structural but then structural is always been a hard subject for me so may be its just me lol

Back