April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took the October 2016 exam ... that year NJ was one of the last states to release the results.

I believe I was actually one of the early ones to find out because I called NJ Consumer Affairs probably 4 times everyday. Until they finally got pissed and told me I passed over the phone. Please believe me on this - check my past postings if you guys are curious. I'm not sure how effective calling is nowadays due to the Pandemic and everyone working remotely.

good luck to my fellow NJ peepz.
Unfortunately it is a call center that answers for them while they work remote. It does not appear that the call center employee knows anything about the exam or our status.

That is completely backwards, they do not need to update there own log first. They should release results first and then fill-in the information on the NJ Website. Did the person you spoke w/ actually say that results will be released next week ?
That’s what she said

Well, one of my colleagues/employee found out that she passed via checklist. NJ is finally out! @RBHeadge PE, shall you update the release map?
Good to know, thanks! Unfortunately they update them one by one, so NJ is still not out. Some of us could still be waiting until the middle of next week when all names have been entered.

Any idea which test center she was at?

Good to know, thanks! Unfortunately they update them one by one, so NJ is still not out. Some of us could still be waiting until the middle of next week when all names have been entered.

Any idea which test center she was at?
NJIT.

curious, what checklist are you referring to? I passed many years ago so apparently their system has (and hasn't changed).

curious, what checklist are you referring to? I passed many years ago so apparently their system has (and hasn't changed).
The board has a website now where you can see the status of your application. There is a line for "Passed PE Exam" and in the past, SOME users have found that it updates there before NCEES releases results. Seems that if it checks that column, you're good and you passed. If it does not check the column, it does not mean anything at all.

They are referring to the NJ DCA Checklist. You can log in and it has a list of all of your documents (fees, application status, references etc) and the dates they were received. I check this like a madman waiting for approval to sit. Rumor has it, sometimes they might input your pass into the system so it shows up in the checklist even before you are notified by NCEES/the State itself. It seems like it's random draw and there's no science to it.

It took them weeks, even a month or so after I got my pass email to update it for me.

https://newjersey.mylicense.com/eGov/Login.aspx

The board has a website now where you can see the status of your application. There is a line for "Passed PE Exam" and in the past, SOME users have found that it updates there before NCEES releases results. Seems that if it checks that column, you're good and you passed. If it does not check the column, it does not mean anything at all.
https://newjersey.mylicense.com/eGov/Login.aspx
is this the link?

Man that's brutal. The woman at the call center says that results were already released to NCEES, so I tried emailing the person who processed my application. Will let you know if I get any response.
My condolences on New Jersey being "that State" this year.

So as best I can gather between here and reddit: The following States are confirmed waiting:
  • New Jersey
  • Georgia
  • Minnesota
  • Colorado
  • Montana
  • Alaska
No word either way from:
  • Maine
  • DC
  • South Dakota
  • Hawaii
My guess is that all but Hawaii in the list have released and we just don't know about it yet. @justin-hawaii , @Roarbark have you heard anything?

Back