April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a serious knock to my personal hubris! But I probably needed it, and it prepared me well for what’s happened since.

That’s quite impressive, 22+ years with the same boss! You must like him a lot! And kudos to you for getting back to the P.E. exam and taking it again!
not 22 yrs....although we wish we had. That particular company we worked for back then sold out and we were quickly redundant. Went our own separate ways. Did some contract work for him from time to time but only started back with him in his own business a couple of years ago. Past few years I started to accrue ICC certifications and decided it was time to step up again.....last time I was NOT prepared to fail (didn't even consider it) but did not prepare even close to this time. Different mindset now. If this time I don't achieve it then I will next time (sucky part is my PE is April only)....

ya I hazard I'm older than most of the PE candidates....54 this year

not 22 yrs....although we wish we had. That particular company we worked for back then sold out and we were quickly redundant. Went our own separate ways. Did some contract work for him from time to time but only started back with him in his own business a couple of years ago. Past few years I started to accrue ICC certifications and decided it was time to step up again.....last time I was NOT prepared to fail (didn't even consider it) but did not prepare even close to this time. Different mindset now. If this time I don't achieve it then I will next time (sucky part is my PE is April only)....

ya I hazard I'm older than most of the PE candidates....54 this year
Ah, well then, to go back to him, perhaps you still like him! Haha. I’m not sure I’d go back to any of my prior bosses, of which there are three.

What was the consensus on timing for SE results? I see some saying they'll come out later and some saying they'll come out at the same time...

A lot of people think tomorrow because:

1. Tomorrow is 34 days (which is the earliest seen, and a recent mode for an April test)
2. Thursday (which seems to be the more popular day of the week based on historical data)
tenor.gif

What was the consensus on timing for SE results? I see some saying they'll come out later and some saying they'll come out at the same time...
That's why I'm so amped up right now. I probably wouldn't be as it usually is a couple weeks after the PE, but I had a coworker who took it last year, and she said they came out at the same time.

So test nightmares are fun.. woke up this morning from one. I was reading a test report letter from NCEES. There were check marks next to questions I got right and Xs next to the wrong ones. The report had a narrator (not morgan freeman, but I wish... that would have been epic). The narrator said I did well on the 2nd half but not so much on the first half (which is backwards to how I feel IRL). Then as I'm reading towards the bottom to where the pass/fail should be... yep, I wake up... FML

Welll.....4 PM EST. Be back tomorrow! Everybody get ready for an eventful day!

Back