April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. To avoid causing undue excitement. I.e. what's happening now. To cut down on sophisticated trolling . And so I know when things are legit.

The map and related items are time consuming and I don't want to waste my time on false alarms.
I'm sorry, I started it. But it's also kind of fun in a weird, morbid way getting all hyped/scared/excited/nervous/sad/WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!!

I remember in fall 2019 you were surprised when the results came out, and I think maybe there weren't many of the subtle signs you were expecting then either :unsure:

But really, we appreciate all your work creating the map and related items. You're a great person.
I'd think you were an even better person if you shared all those subtle signs though 😃 just kiddingggg

Listen, I know you won't tell us the other subtle signs...but I mean, you COULD tell us....seeing that there is only one more time the civil exam will be P&P yeah?! hahaha. Then I assume your knowledge of those signs won't be useful anymore after this fall.
That's sort of why I'm not saying it now.

I know enough that I, and others, could do some really really sadistic trolling if we really wanted to do so. Someone could go "all in" in the fall and do some real damage.

And as I mentioned above, I need a means of knowing what's legit so I don't gets fooled.

What an honorable way to describe it!
Things got really quite sophisticated about 3-4 years ago. It was the sort of thing that went above "breaking the tension" with an obvious joke. If the non-cathechted vets aren't sure then it's way too much.

It was bad and cruel enough that I was worried someone was going to eat a bullet... or worse. Since then I'm quick to dispell the nasty subtle stuff.

Last edited:
I remember in fall 2019 you were surprised when the results came out, and I think maybe there weren't many of the subtle signs you were expecting then either :unsure:

But really, we appreciate all your work creating the map and related items. You're a great person.
I'd think you were an even better person if you shared all those subtle signs though 😃 just kiddingggg
Yeah, I was a day or two earlier than I was expecting that session. They also changed the way they announce the release that cycle. They started being more blunt about the release happening wrt public affairs. They immediately, or just before, add language to the front page of their website, update social media, tell their website Q&A chat people when they release (instead of telling them the day after), canned approved language everywhere. Etc

^and that's the obvious stuff.

I'm still not mentioning the other 'tells'.

Is that even historically possible for NCEES to release results less than 4 weeks from the exam date; isn't that just too early historically? As even on their website, they say the following: "Typically, NCEES releases results to licensing boards 8–10 weeks after the exam date."

And while I know it is usually not that long, if tomorrow or even this week is the release date, wouldn't that be pretty early from prior NCEES precedent?

Is that even historically possible for NCEES to release results less than 4 weeks from the exam date; isn't that just too early historically? As even on their website, they say the following: "Typically, NCEES releases results to licensing boards 8–10 weeks after the exam date."

And while I know it is usually not that long, if tomorrow or even this week is the release date, wouldn't that be pretty early from prior NCEES precedent?
as stated before January was turned around in 3 weeks and was one of the first test dates that were only civils taking the exam. In past years, the historic data shows about 5-6 weeks for the April exam, including ME's, EE's, etc. With only civils but a larger amount of examinees than January, I could see them turning it around a week sooner than the historic data. This is because with fewer variants there are fewer professionals need to be brought in to review the exam and discuss.

BUT that's just my guess from some discussions I've seen on these forums

if that came off rude, I'm sorry did not mean for it to be rude just more of a statement that was a little too firm. Still trying to convince myself of thinkings

No Tmamwatery, I appreciate your response and it does not come off as rude at all. What you say makes sense and with more exams computer based now, I can see an argument for saying it may be earlier than the typical 5-6 weeks. We will find out soon, one way or the other I guess and who knows, NCEES may take a laissez faire approach and stretch it out to the 8-10 weeks they mentioned! Just to drive us all insane from the length of the suck! In all seriousness, I didn't realize the January regional exams were only 3 weeks turnaround, that must be a record! One other question, is it true at all they typically release on a Friday or does it just seem that way? What about AM versus PM typically?

No Tmamwatery, I appreciate your response and it does not come off as rude at all. What you say makes sense and with more exams computer based now, I can see an argument for saying it may be earlier than the typical 5-6 weeks. We will find out soon, one way or the other I guess and who knows, NCEES may take a laissez faire approach and stretch it out to the 8-10 weeks they mentioned! Just to drive us all insane from the length of the suck! In all seriousness, I didn't realize the January regional exams were only 3 weeks turnaround, that must be a record! One other question, is it true at all they typically release on a Friday or does it just seem that way? What about AM versus PM typically?
Historically, results have been posted all over the work week map. M-F, AM and PM.
But morning releases are more common.

from what I also heard is a lot of state boards didn't want January takers to be able to take the exam in April so they moved up registration thinking NCEES would give the results out after registration was closed. A lot of state boards were shocked at the turnaround time and had to let January takers who didn't pass sit in April.

from what I also heard is a lot of state boards didn't want January takers to be able to take the exam in April so they moved up registration thinking NCEES would give the results out after registration was closed. A lot of state boards were shocked at the turnaround time and had to let January takers who didn't pass sit in April.
Interesting, again more information I was totally unaware of. Thanks man for the extra bit of info!

that's just rude of them to release the results in the morning knowing bars aren't open when results would be posted.

Yes, my existence here is for comedic relief:)
I mean, the last time I got the nice red box of failure, it was about 10:30 in the morning. I got up from my desk, left the office without speaking, went to the Walmart liquor store, and parked my butt at the lake the rest of the day. I texted my boss from the lake saying I'd be back tomorrow.

Bars don't need to be open lol

Back