April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received the NCEES Survey also; just like you dji I also about had a heart attack seeing the letters "NCEES" in my inbox, pure horror this early less than 3 weeks out.

Third time test-taker… Third round of dreams.

The latest was that in order to obtain your result, you had to drive back to your testing site. Mine was Baton Rouge. Everyone was in the same room but sitting around one extremely large table. Your name was called from an alphabetical list – then you were given a brief summary of how you did – followed by one of two words – PASS or FAIL. My name was called, then it was explained to me that overall, I did not do very well on the exam. Then there was the phrase “However, based on how you answered this one question…”. I was told that based on one short-answer question (which is of course not in the actual format on the WRE), I passed because it proved my competence in the field.

Beginning with the first question of the evening session and leading up to that dream… I had very little hope. Now I’m beginning to tell myself that I may have actually passed 😵 Or at the minimum, my mind is telling me I’m completely capable within this profession. However, I know that I need to finish the climb and get this thing done!

My problem is that I'm one of those dummies that will misspell my own name if I see the word TEST... It's a miracle that I made it through school with my nerves!

Third time test-taker… Third round of dreams.

The latest was that in order to obtain your result, you had to drive back to your testing site. Mine was Baton Rouge. Everyone was in the same room but sitting around one extremely large table. Your name was called from an alphabetical list – then you were given a brief summary of how you did – followed by one of two words – PASS or FAIL. My name was called, then it was explained to me that overall, I did not do very well on the exam. Then there was the phrase “However, based on how you answered this one question…”. I was told that based on one short-answer question (which is of course not in the actual format on the WRE), I passed because it proved my competence in the field.

Beginning with the first question of the evening session and leading up to that dream… I had very little hope. Now I’m beginning to tell myself that I may have actually passed 😵 Or at the minimum, my mind is telling me I’m completely capable within this profession. However, I know that I need to finish the climb and get this thing done!

My problem is that I'm one of those dummies that will misspell my own name if I see the word TEST... It's a miracle that I made it through school with my nerves!
I'm a bad test taker too and also get anxious. I don't show anxiety with my behavior but boy does my body show it! 💩💩💩

I too would like to join the heart attack club... My heart stopped!! Like, why not, with an email from NCCEES and all... I guess that's one way to get us to complete a survey, just make us think our results are based on us completing it!!

11 years ago I took the PE with four coworkers. One got his results in the mail at work on Monday (passed), several days passed with nothing for the rest of us, so we all assumed they sent pass letters first, and fail letters came later. By Friday morning we were tired of waiting so we emailed our local board. They wouldn't email us results, but said we could come to their office and they would print us a new copy of our letters. One of the four got a call from his wife just before lunch that his letter had arrived at home (pass). The remaining three of us drove to the board's office at lunch to get our letters. We walked up to the reception desk, presented our id's, and she laid an unfolded letter face down in front of each of us. We all turned them face up at the same time, and thankfully all passed! The lady at the reception desk was just as glad as the three of us that we all had the same result, that would've been awkward if one or two of us hadn't! And of course when we got back to the office, all of our letters had arrived in the mail that day.
Wow. That sounds awful. lol I mean, I'm glad everybody passed, but the stress and anxiety. Good grief! The one good thing about finding out I failed was that I found out alone...well relatively alone. I was on the phone with my mom.

I too would like to join the heart attack club... My heart stopped!! Like, why not, with an email from NCCEES and all... I guess that's one way to get us to complete a survey, just make us think our results are based on us completing it!!
Or if you somehow speak highly of NCEES or give a good review, they are more likely to be more lenient in their grading versus if you give them a piece of your mind; when they may think why pass this person. But I know that is not how it works; that submitting a positive survey can somehow make it more likely you pass. LOL!

EGAD I just got the survey.
joker.gif

EGAD I just got the survey.
Well... just because I like futile nonsense exercises, I looked at the April 2019 WTTS thread (when I gave it the last college try) to see when that survey came out. It was a mere week after the test, and results didn't happen for a month after that.

Hypothesis: Illogical
Method: Making correlations that don't exist
Conclusion: None

Hotel: Trivago

Back