April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each day says acceptable... I don't know what the overall pass looks like, if anything.

It looks about as exciting as you might imagine: no marching bands, no cake, no nothin.

NCEES.jpg

Hang in there, @Engineerbabu . When you start to break down in tears, and have dreams that you did so horribly on the SE exam that your PE license(s) will be stripped, the release of results is close.

okay. yeah i stepped it up and ordered a bunch of practice problem books. i pushed myself to get through the Goswami practice exams and Civil PE Practice Problems book.
nice! you must feel pretty good then! I was not feeling motivated to study because I got a new job that doesn't require the PE and then at the beginning of April during my review my boss said I was going to be managing some new people since I'll be a PE and the pressure was on! 😬 A little late to the game and ran out of time studying the depth stuff. Literally spent the last 8 months riding my mountain bike way too much and rode almost 1000 miles!

what were your thoughts on EET, I've heard so-so things on their Breadth portion but heard stellar reviews for the Depth and was leaning if I have to take it again to do their live course.
I thought the breadth was very good. But no course can cover every little detail so your understanding of the topics need to be up there or have notes to supplement it.

nice! you must feel pretty good then! I was not feeling motivated to study because I got a new job that doesn't require the PE and then at the beginning of April during my review my boss said I was going to be managing some new people since I'll be a PE and the pressure was on! 😬 A little late to the game and ran out of time studying the depth stuff. Literally spent the last 8 months riding my mountain bike way too much and rode almost 1000 miles!
lol no i don't feel good. i felt good about the AM, but that means nothing. i felt like i could have done better in the PM. i ran out of gas. forgot to eat a snack. things got hazy and had to guess on 7 questions because i couldn't get my brain off the starting block with those problems.

the one thing i have going for me this time around is that i kept my mental health in tact. i was an anxious mess when i found out i failed the first time. this time, i'm taking things in stride as well as i can.

my boss's boss wants my boss to retire. so i need to pass to take over for my boss. same as you, i manage a lot of PEs and AIAs so i need the credential.

Yesterday, I priced out the SoPE program. I've taken EET twice. I am planning to take the live online class next time. Give it all I've got for the last P&P administration. I think I should study before the class starts in August. The class should be more practice and review than anything... I hope that helps (if I fail).
Hoping I pass but I’m not spending a dime on review classes again. The actual exam evolved and left all the classes and practice exams in the dust. They’re still about solving problems while the exam is more about concepts.

lol no i don't feel good. i felt good about the AM, but that means nothing. i felt like i could have done better in the PM. i ran out of gas. forgot to eat a snack. things got hazy and had to guess on 7 questions because i couldn't get my brain off the starting block with those problems.

the one thing i have going for me this time around is that i kept my mental health in tact. i was an anxious mess when i found out i failed the first time. this time, i'm taking things in stride as well as i can.

my boss's boss wants my boss to retire. so i need to pass to take over for my boss. same as you, i manage a lot of PEs and AIAs so i need the credential.
At least they decided to keep the codes the same instead of updating for the next exam. I was worried that if I failed, all my code books would be out dated. Bright side? lol

Question for the OGs: How did you announce your results (pass or fail) to your boss/SO/Peers? Best & worst comments you rec'd back?
I just emailed my boss that I passed and later that day he sent out an office-wide email congratulating me. All the comments were along the lines of congrats, no more studying and not wishing this kind of pain on anyone :).

Question for the OGs: How did you announce your results (pass or fail) to your boss/SO/Peers? Best & worst comments you rec'd back?
I kept it pretty private when I failed. If a coworker asked, I told them, but didn't go around announcing it otherwise. I failed twice and it was soooo hard to admit I'd failed the second time.

I came into the office late the morning I received the (GOOD) news for my third attempt. Two coworkers (who knew results had been released that day) both looked at me anxiously as I walked in. I announced, "I PASSED!!!!" and they were so happy. My PM/mentor wrote "PE" on a post-it note and stuck it next to the nameplate on my office. Hahaha it was definitely a happy, surreal day where not much was accomplished.

Then the VERY NEXT DAY, my husband received a job offer for the university he's now teaching at. It was a crazy week.

I individually emailed my boss and everyone who provided a reference or a employment verification, thanked them for their support, and let them know I passed. It was mostly just basic congratulations messages back. Nothing especially memorable. I think everyone had already assumed that I was going to pass; meanwhile I'm over here sweating bullets.

Wasted my morning on this... your welcome. Only has Jan 2021 & Oct 2020 data.
Now time to go look at baby chicks...

👉PE Pass Rates
One of the previous WTTS threads posted that pass rates were updated and then later that day (not sure the time differential) the results were released. I've been refreshing that as often as I do this thread.

I did the on-demand course. Great course. Structural (breadth) was rough. Dude just reads from the section and doesn't really show the details behind a problem. I had to reteach myself that subject and catch all of the unsaid things that he just breezed through.

Nazrul and Samir are amazing. What's your discipline? If you're in water, you would be set with Nazrul. No question.

Don't judge EET based on my story. I think it's me. I've been out of school a long time and I am not a designer. And I'm testing in construction which is...interesting. I have a ton of construction experience but I'm not an expert in every single thing.
This is hands down me. Been out of the field for a while, never really thought I would be back here doing this. Though I am enjoying it... the work, not the WAIT!!!

My heart nearly skipped a beat. I pressed F5 and my NCEES page took longer than usual to refresh. I thought maybe some new info? nope...just all of us clogging the bandwidth. LOL
AZ is usually among the first to release, yes? I bet that is nerve-wracking!

It looks about as exciting as you might imagine: no marching bands, no cake, no nothin.

View attachment 22016

Hang in there, @Engineerbabu . When you start to break down in tears, and have dreams that you did so horribly on the SE exam that your PE license(s) will be stripped, the release of results is close.

Sick flex with the SE results.

Latest posts

Back