April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I priced out the SoPE program. I've taken EET twice. I am planning to take the live online class next time. Give it all I've got for the last P&P administration. I think I should study before the class starts in August. The class should be more practice and review than anything... I hope that helps (if I fail).

Yesterday, I priced out the SoPE program. I've taken EET twice. I am planning to take the live online class next time. Give it all I've got for the last P&P administration. I think I should study before the class starts in August. The class should be more practice and review than anything... I hope that helps (if I fail).
what were your thoughts on EET, I've heard so-so things on their Breadth portion but heard stellar reviews for the Depth and was leaning if I have to take it again to do their live course.

I did the live class and honestly it wasn't much better aside from forcing you to login. The major downside for me was I couldn't pause to digest the info and sometimes the lecturer would just continue on because they need to finish within a certain time frame. I used my repeat already so if I do have to take it again I'll be studying only based on the binders :(

what were your thoughts on EET, I've heard so-so things on their Breadth portion but heard stellar reviews for the Depth and was leaning if I have to take it again to do their live course.
I was opposite on that thought. Their breadth material was stellar. 1000% better than the CERM and way easier to read through. During the morning portion I literally only used the EET binder. I also thought the breadth lectures were much easier to understand. The depth (I'm structural) were a lot harder to follow but the Fluids lecturer was awesome so I imagine his depth classes are amazing. Regardless I thought both classes were incredibly helpful (even if I do fail). I don't think I could have studied without it.

I did the live class and honestly it wasn't much better aside from forcing you to login. The major downside for me was I couldn't pause to digest the info and sometimes the lecturer would just continue on because they need to finish within a certain time frame. I used my repeat already so if I do have to take it again I'll be studying only based on the binders :(
I'm in the same position as you.

I was opposite on that thought. Their breadth material was stellar. 1000% better than the CERM and way easier to read through. During the morning portion I literally only used the EET binder. I also thought the breadth lectures were much easier to understand. The depth (I'm structural) were a lot harder to follow but the Fluids lecturer was awesome so I imagine his depth classes are amazing. Regardless I thought both classes were incredibly helpful (even if I do fail). I don't think I could have studied without it.
I'm Transpo and heard the instructor was great for that depth. I personally did group study, 2 guys at work talked me into taking April instead of this fall, and felt good aside from conceptual and felt like our depth review was poor compared to the exam.

This. I thought the Breadth was way better also. Depth was not very helpful for me.

I did the on-demand course. Great course. Structural (breadth) was rough. Dude just reads from the section and doesn't really show the details behind a problem. I had to reteach myself that subject and catch all of the unsaid things that he just breezed through.

Nazrul and Samir are amazing. What's your discipline? If you're in water, you would be set with Nazrul. No question.

Don't judge EET based on my story. I think it's me. I've been out of school a long time and I am not a designer. And I'm testing in construction which is...interesting. I have a ton of construction experience but I'm not an expert in every single thing.

you're better off. i used the binders for the most part on my 2nd attempt. i also did a ton of practice problems from outside sources. the practice problems are what push you to think outside the box with using the binders, which is exactly what you need to do for this exam.

i remember sitting for the exam for my 1st attempt and feeling confident in what i knew from the binders. then i opened the exam, solved a few and then felt sad because the problems that i practiced in the binder weren't on the exam. the resounding chorus of friends here on EB said "you need to do a lot of practice problems from everywhere. get your hands on practice problems, do them, then redo them, then do them again and again...all kinds!" and that helped me to feel more confident with manipulating the info in my mind to apply it to the problems this time.

but you never know... i still feel like i failed soooo... 🤷‍♀️

I did the on-demand course. Great course. Structural (breadth) was rough. Dude just reads from the section and doesn't really show the details behind a problem. I had to reteach myself that subject and catch all of the unsaid things that he just breezed through.

Nazrul and Samir are amazing. What's your discipline? If you're in water, you would be set with Nazrul. No question.
I felt the same way and I work in structural doing steel, concrete, wood, and masonry. The depth portions for concrete and wood were good, but I felt a little lacking in material covered. The steel and masonry depth portions as well as the analysis portion with statics and moment redistribution were just reading through the sections. The breadth instructors gave awesome summary sheets of formulas, definitions, etc that I used a lot on exam prep and exam day. Depth instructors generally did not include summary sheets.

Overall, I would say I was pleased especially with the breadth material covered and the instructors. I likely could not have passed the breadth portion if I had not taken the review course just because of all the stuff I don't work with and haven't touched since college days. If I do not pass, I plan to retake EET and just spend more time working practice problems and only reference the on-demand videos for when I need extra help to understand a concept.

you're better off. i used the binders for the most part on my 2nd attempt. i also did a ton of practice problems from outside sources. the practice problems are what push you to think outside the box with using the binders, which is exactly what you need to do for this exam.

i remember sitting for the exam for my 1st attempt and feeling confident in what i knew from the binders. then i opened the exam, solved a few and then felt sad because the problems that i practiced in the binder weren't on the exam. the resounding chorus of friends here on EB said "you need to do a lot of practice problems from everywhere. get your hands on practice problems, do them, then redo them, then do them again and again...all kinds!" and that helped me to feel more confident with manipulating the info in my mind to apply it to the problems this time.

but you never know... i still feel like i failed soooo... 🤷‍♀️
I did only used the binders and no lecture to study the depth on my second attempt. I focused on doing all the examples and practice problems from the binder. I need to get my hands on the 5 minute solutions problems if I fail again.....I was Structural Depth

I did only used the binders and no lecture to study the depth on my second attempt. I focused on doing all the examples and practice problems from the binder. I need to get my hands on the 5 minute solutions problems if I fail again.....I was Structural Depth
okay. yeah i stepped it up and ordered a bunch of practice problem books. i pushed myself to get through the Goswami practice exams and Civil PE Practice Problems book.

Latest posts

Back