April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's been a long time for me. I thought there was a separate thread for spamming but i can't remember where it is :(
Yeah it's a separate thread. I don't think they ( @RBHeadge PE ?) created one this time.

I know last cycle there was almost no spam. I think it's basically just the CEs/SEs that are taking paper tests so not enough people to spam. All the other test with any significant numbers have moved to CBT and get results in less than a week.

WRE is moving to CBT starting January 2022 ... I am worried it might get harder.... I don't know how it goes but thats why trying to get this over with this year...but the WRE depth was super lengthy and tuff... and I am glad everywhere I am reading opinion is the same.... I was through 12 questions only in the first 2.5 hours.... too much of calculations and no conceptual questions at all...also half the paper was environmental....wtf

WRE is moving to CBT starting January 2022 ... I am worried it might get harder.... I don't know how it goes but thats why trying to get this over with this year...but the WRE depth was super lengthy and tuff... and I am glad everywhere I am reading opinion is the same.... I was through 12 questions only in the first 2.5 hours.... too much of calculations and no conceptual questions at all...also half the paper was environmental....wtf
oof...i feel you. i went in to full on panic mode in October when I took it. I hadn't answered half the WRE questions yet and thought I was over 2 hours in ... turned out i looked at my watch wrong and was only just over an hour in. I felt like there were a lot of conceptual questions on the AM and PM portions in October. Not sure which I'd rather have, but glad I don't have to worry about it ever again!

oof...i feel you. i went in to full on panic mode in October when I took it. I hadn't answered half the WRE questions yet and thought I was over 2 hours in ... turned out i looked at my watch wrong and was only just over an hour in. I felt like there were a lot of conceptual questions on the AM and PM portions in October. Not sure which I'd rather have, but glad I don't have to worry about it ever again!
I think I like seeing atleast 10 conceptual questions... gives a break from all calcs and also you can accrue some time for all the other calculations... I think I liked Oct 2020's depth.... I scored 27/40... I was weaker in the AM... this time morning was better but the depth gave me a heart attack lol

I think I like seeing atleast 10 conceptual questions... gives a break from all calcs and also you can accrue some time for all the other calculations... I think I liked Oct 2020's depth.... I scored 27/40... I was weaker in the AM... this time morning was better but the depth gave me a heart attack lol
go figure! I definitely thought the AM was tougher than the PM in October. I'm sure that I barely passed ... I was sure I failed walking out of the exam.

i was on another board and read about two other people at other locations who got caught with their phones. i just.... like... what?!
What?!? YOU were on another BOARD?? Well, I never... *hands on hips*

On topic: Gosh, that's a major oops. They only tell you to empty your pockets like...45 times before the exam starts...wonder if they were actually tryna subvert the exam or just really dumb.

What?!? YOU were on another BOARD?? Well, I never... *hands on hips*

On topic: Gosh, that's a major oops. They only tell you to empty your pockets like...45 times before the exam starts...wonder if they were actually tryna subvert the exam or just really dumb.
.... if it's the latter, that's scary... if it's the former, they have no business being there anyway - how did they even pass the ethics course? after all the prep and hassle to get to that point in actually taking the exam, i just can't fathom jeopardizing it... but it seems to happen somewhere/somehow every exam.

they have no business being there anyway
Not really related to anything, but it always tickles me to remember this story: During my first attempt in Oregon there was a test taker who sat behind me who literally ONLY brought the NCEES FE reference book...for the PE exam. He sat kinda diagonal behind me, not directly behind (I could see he was taking Mechanical), so when the exams were handed out and we all started I saw his eyes were like dinner plates, hahahhahaha. So, I just remember hearing a LOT of frantic page flipping and audible sighing. Dude didn't come back after the lunch break. Soo....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back