April 2019 SE Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah unless I was lied too ( are chat bots capable of lying? If so they will probably become self aware soon) then the grading workshop is June 7 & June 8, so results around June 14.
I've tried periodically to get the SE Grading Workshop dates from the NCEES chat since the exam took place and "Keshia" has consistently told me it hasn't been scheduled yet.  Tried again this morning with the same result.  5 1/2 weeks after the exam and it's still not scheduled....hmmm.

NCEES: Most results from the April 2019 pencil-and-paper PE exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. PE Structural exam results will be released as soon as they are finalized. 

me: why are you delaying PE Structural results? What's the hold up?

also me: oh, maybe they mean the SE results? Who is updating these sites and do they even engineer, bro?

NCEES: Most results from the April 2019 pencil-and-paper PE exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. PE Structural exam results will be released as soon as they are finalized. 

me: why are you delaying PE Structural results? What's the hold up?

also me: oh, maybe they mean the SE results? Who is updating these sites and do they even engineer, bro?
Do you think or you just know "PE Structural results" = "SE results"?

well last cycle they said

All results from the October 2018 pencil-and-paper PE exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. SE exam results were released on December 10. PE exam results were released on December 5. How and when examinees receive their results varies by state.

So, why they being weirdos?

well last cycle they said

All results from the October 2018 pencil-and-paper PE exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. SE exam results were released on December 10. PE exam results were released on December 5. How and when examinees receive their results varies by state.

So, why they being weirdos?
Because they had not realized that our training for the exam left us reading every sentence so closely to find the exact meaning and pick up any subtle differences. 

yeah. look back a page or two, someone got confirmed date for grading workshop which coincides with the ncees calendar that was also shared. we've got 4ish weeks left to wait.

LetsSE asking the tough questions! Way to go!

I wonder if NCEES has to do some type of quality review of the exams before giving them over to the graders. 

I've also wondered what would happen if exams got damaged in an accident while in transit or if some type of fire occurred where the exams are held.... but it is best not to dwell on these thoughts for long. 

LetsSE asking the tough questions! Way to go!

I wonder if NCEES has to do some type of quality review of the exams before giving them over to the graders. 

I've also wondered what would happen if exams got damaged in an accident while in transit or if some type of fire occurred where the exams are held.... but it is best not to dwell on these thoughts for long. 
I heard the the question & answer sheets are transferred with armored trucks.

Hey- that $500 has to go towards something!
In case you thought he was kidding...he isn’t. Our proctor for the Lateral Exam on Saturday was talking about how she had to stay late the day before for the armored truck to come pick up the tests. We kind of smirked and she said no really, they come pick them up in armored trucks!

I know it is borderline torture waiting for the SE results, but there isn't anything the person at the other end of the NCEES chat can do about it.  The SE exam just takes longer to grade because of the essay portion, and they probably don't even start grading the multiple choice portions until the PE exams are done.  But, you can pretty much take it to the bank that you will receive your results between June 10-14th. 

Until then, if you have another component to take next time or are pretty sure you didn't pass, I wouldn't waste the time waiting for the results and go ahead and get the study ball rolling for October. 

I do a good job with distracting myself from the wait - but then coworkers, friends, and family will ask "Hey how'd your test go?" because they are surprised to see me not studying and then are equally surprised that the results are not back! 

But, you can pretty much take it to the bank that you will receive your results between June 10-14th. 
I would've guessed June 14th as the earliest... Has NCEES ever released results just two days after the grading workshop closes?

I would've guessed June 14th as the earliest... Has NCEES ever released results just two days after the grading workshop closes?
Ah, I thought the workshop was the week before.  But hopefully they can get the results out to you guys by the 14th.  That's where I would set the over/under date.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they did last December for the October exam. Though again, sometimes I dream stuff up and sometimes I'm just legitimately crazy.

Back