April 2019 SE Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was 2018 the first year of IBC 2015?  Maybe it's as simple as that. Always using the 2nd latest edition.

Was 2018 the first year of IBC 2015?  Maybe it's as simple as that. Always using the 2nd latest edition.
I believe they switched in October of 18 to the IBC 2015 if my memory serves me correctly.

Now what were we talking about?

I believe they switched in October of 18 to the IBC 2015 if my memory serves me correctly.
I think that's right.  I'm not worried about IBC switch at all.  I'm worried about AASHTO switch.  I have enormous amounts of notes in my AASHTO code and I hear the next edition is pretty different.  Hopefully I passed and it doesn't matter.

Actually, I'm not worried about AASHTO switch.  Everyday I grow more competent as an engineer and if I have to study one more code, than so be it.  Its an opportunity for me to learn more.  It would make it easier for me to help younger engineers in the office study for the exam when their time comes.

I think that's right.  I'm not worried about IBC switch at all.  I'm worried about AASHTO switch.  I have enormous amounts of notes in my AASHTO code and I hear the next edition is pretty different.  Hopefully I passed and it doesn't matter.

Actually, I'm not worried about AASHTO switch.  Everyday I grow more competent as an engineer and if I have to study one more code, than so be it.  Its an opportunity for me to learn more.  It would make it easier for me to help younger engineers in the office study for the exam when their time comes.
I did all of my studying on the 7th edition, and also have a bunch of notes scattered throughout my AASHTO. It wasn't too fun switching over to the 8th at work, and I still keep my marked up 7th around for reference...though I'll probably never get rid of it.

Yes, the 8th edition of AASHTO did undergo some fairly major changes.  A lot of it organizational, but some of it conceptual. One change is that wind loads are determined similar to buildings.  So, if you are a "buildings" person, then that change may actually be beneficial to you. 

I did all of my studying on the 7th edition, and also have a bunch of notes scattered throughout my AASHTO. It wasn't too fun switching over to the 8th at work, and I still keep my marked up 7th around for reference...though I'll probably never get rid of it.
Probably burning mine. My only regret is that it can't feel pain. I want it to suffer.

Probably burning mine. My only regret is that it can't feel pain. I want it to suffer.
HAHA. Can't say I disagree. I'd like to also add my NCEES practice test to that conflagration. My 6th edition aashto was full of notes, then NCEES switched to the 7th edition. I was less than enthused. 

The only good thing I have to say about AASHTO is at least you're using one code for design. It's not like buildings, where you use ASCE 7, but then IBC since sometimes they contradict each other...then you switch to ACI, which was reorganized to make it simpler but in the end made it worse.......

All in favor of having the people who wrote the AISC Manual Thanos-snapping away all other codes and developing a single, overarching super code to replace them all, say "aye". 

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed this on the NCEES Website. Think that they will have the results out before the next test registration?

View attachment 13020
From my experience, I don't believe it has any bearing. Looking at past grading and reading Cal91's post though, I would expect to see the SE results by June 14. This is still merely a guesstimate as the NCEES operates in mysterious ways.

HAHA. Can't say I disagree. I'd like to also add my NCEES practice test to that conflagration. My 6th edition aashto was full of notes, then NCEES switched to the 7th edition. I was less than enthused. 

The only good thing I have to say about AASHTO is at least you're using one code for design. It's not like buildings, where you use ASCE 7, but then IBC since sometimes they contradict each other...then you switch to ACI, which was reorganized to make it simpler but in the end made it worse.......

All in favor of having the people who wrote the AISC Manual Thanos-snapping away all other codes and developing a single, overarching super code to replace them all, say "aye". 
We can only dream...

maybe..

i have a feeling its gonna come out in a week or 10 days time. 
Those are PE results that are coming out.  I think someone said the SE exam grading workshop is going to be sometime after Memorial Day, so I would say 2nd week of June. 

Yeah unless I was lied too ( are chat bots capable of lying? If so they will probably become self aware soon) then the grading workshop is June 7 & June 8, so results around June 14.

For the October 2018, SE exam results were released 1 week after the PE results were. 

Edit: The April 2018 thread a bit later on has a list of all previous dates of release. Also, last Spring was a 24th of May for PE of and the 15th of June for SE 😕 I am less hopeful now.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the October 2018, SE exam results were released 1 week after the PE results were. 

Edit: The April 2018 thread a bit later on has a list of all previous dates of release. Also, last Spring was a 24th of May for PE of and the 15th of June for SE 😕 I am less hopeful now.
SE grading workshop confirmed by NCEES chat is not until june 7 weekend. Therefore we will not have SE results for another month

Back