April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have seen it's not a linear relationship between the Texas scores and the fail scores. How they come up with the Texas score is anyone's guess.

A couple of my coworkers and I just found out we passed the pe exam. We all took it early and must finish the experience requirement to receive our license. Upon hearing the news that we passed, our boss told us that if we left for better jobs he wouldn't sign to verify our work history and we would have to start our experience over. Is there a way around this?

A couple of my coworkers and I just found out we passed the pe exam. We all took it early and must finish the experience requirement to receive our license. Upon hearing the news that we passed, our boss told us that if we left for better jobs he wouldn't sign to verify our work history and we would have to start our experience over. Is there a way around this?
Sounds like you need a new boss yesterday.

Depends on the state boards, other PEs can sign for your experience, it doesn't have to be your direct supervisor or bust.

Sounds like you need a new boss yesterday.

Depends on the state boards, other PEs can sign for your experience, it doesn't have to be your direct supervisor or bust.
@OaklandPE ^this

Some states allow you to show your work and calculations in lieu of supervisor signoff. 

How close are you to meeting the experience requirement?

Jerk move though. 

Did you have to submit any of your current experience to your state board to sit for the exam?

Did he say that in person or in writing?  Either way, document it and save it away that he said that to you.

It was in person. We didn't have to submit any experience. And its Alabama
Some good news! You don't need your boss to verify.

The very fist line of the experience record states

Experience Verification forms must be sent to your PE supervisors and/or associates (must have been licensed prior to the time being verified) for all engineering engagements listed on your application under question 19 that can be verified. You must collect the form in a sealed, signed across the back flap envelope and submit with your application.
However, do you need another PE you work with to verify. If you can't find a PE to verify, then the endorser would need to fill out another form, see instructions on page 2.

source: http://www.bels.alabama.gov/pdf/exams/PE/PE Verification Form.pdf

Damn. Now that the results are out, Im going to miss the craziness that we endured in this topic the last week or so.

It was in person. We didn't have to submit any experience. And its Alabama

Some good news! You don't need your boss to verify.

The very fist line of the experience record states

However, do you need another PE you work with to verify. If you can't find a PE to verify, then the endorser would need to fill out another form, see instructions on page 2.

source: http://www.bels.alabama.gov/pdf/exams/PE/PE Verification Form.pdf

RBHeadge is correct.  In Alabama, your supervisor doesn't have to be the one to verify.  I am also in AL and I'll be having a coworker verify my experience as our boss isn't a PE.

Back