April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think NCEES needs to take a serious look at their go-to 8-10 week statement.  It says "NCEES usually releases results to licensing boards 8-10 weeks after the exam date." [emphasis added]  This is a demonstrably false statement for any sane definition of "usually".  NCEES "usually" releases results to us mortals in 5-6 weeks and is required to release results to the licensing boards prior to telling us.

I know RB had a post a while back going on the explanation that 8-10 is meant to include processing time at the licensing boards and that there are states that really do take the extra time, but as a long-term speaker and parser of english, the statement just isn't written that way.

It says "NCEES usually releases results to licensing boards 8-10 weeks after the exam date."

I know RB had a post a while back going on the explanation that 8-10 is meant to include processing time at the licensing boards and that there are states that really do take the extra time, but as a long-term speaker and parser of english, the statement just isn't written that way.
They recently tweaked the wording in that quote. In the past, it was test-taker centric.

Irrespective of that though, I can understand why they pad their estimate. People are losing their s%^t three weeks before the proper window opens. How would people react if they blew the 10 week envelope?

They recently tweaked the wording in that quote. In the past, it was test-taker centric.

Irrespective of that though, I can understand why they pad their estimate. People are losing their s%^t three weeks before the proper window opens. How would people react if they blew the 10 week envelope?
I'm totally on board with you here.  I pad my deliverable dates all the time and hope that clients are happy when we come in faster.

I would just add a weasel word or two other than "usually".  For example, adding "within" would make the statement technically correct.  "Usually" would give them CYA coverage on outliers and "within" would give them CYA coverage for any "we beat our estimate" scenario.

Somewhere out there, there is a bar exam forum with people going crazy waiting for those results, maybe those people would care about this more.  lol

Last exam cycle in the morning, on the day of the release, the ncees live chat stated that “grades have been released to the state boards”

Thats how I know grades won’t be posted  today

Well folks....its now 2PM EST on Friday.  Think I'll hang up my torch and pitchfork for the weekend.  See y'all bright and early on Monday!

while we're waiting, may I ask how many people who are waiting are Structural folks?

Back