April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm spamming the NCEES website for PE result, I found an interesting piece of info about FE, I thought I would like to share here:

I am a structural engineer myself and I took the Civil discipline FE when I was in college couple of years back, so I paid attention to the Civil FE passing rate.

https://ncees.org/engineering/fe/

The passing rate for Civil FE is around 67% according to the NCEES website, under the "Other discipline FE" test, the passing rate is around 79% and I immediately thought hmmmmmm I probably should have taken the "other discipline".

And then I scrolled down to see the degree breakdown of the test takers for "other discipline" and I was shocked to find that the sturctural degree test taker has a whooping 100% passing rate for that discipline.

Now I think I def should have taken the "Other Discipline".

Why is structural degree students so favored in this test?

Last edited by a moderator:
In my case, I am applying for endorsement and the letter said: we can't approve your endorsement because you  need to take the PE. They didn't say anything about experience.

So.... what's everyone's prediction on the cut score?
Construction 53, everything else 56.

Self graded myself at a 59-60 this time, past attempts self grading proved to be 5-8% optimistic...53 gives me enough cushion. God forbid I have to take it again I'll adjust my formula to the 10% on guesses- I'd been using 25% and the generic answer B has been letting me down. I refused to use C as my default guess because Joey Lawrence said it was right and I refuse to live in a world where Joey Lawrence is a wise man.

no way structural cut score is 56

that afternoon exam was F*ed

Structural 51

While I'm spamming the NCEES website for PE result, I found an interesting piece of info about FE, I thought I would like to share here:

I am a structural engineer myself and I took the Civil discipline FE when I was in college couple of years back, so I paid attention to the Civil FE passing rate.

https://ncees.org/engineering/fe/

The passing rate for Civil FE is around 67% according to the NCEES website, under the "Other discipline FE" test, the passing rate is around 79% and I immediately thought hmmmmmm I probably should have taken the "other discipline".

And then I scrolled down to see the degree breakdown of the test takers for "other discipline" and I was shocked to find that the sturctural degree test taker has a whooping 100% passing rate for that discipline.

Now I think I def should have taken the "Other Discipline".

Why is structural degree students so favored in this test?
I took the Other's Discipline FE Exam. My degree is in Architectural Engineering. About 80% of our curriculum was all structural based. I could be wrong, but we were all advised to take the "Other's Discipline" as it closely aligns with the Architectural Engineering degree. So it has a little bit of everything.

With many folks doing better at morning session this time around, I predict structural cut score to be 53.

I feel like 56 was pretty much the generally accepted pass rate, give a point or two for bad questions. The number of people that assume 51ish seems to have increased exponentially over the last few years lol.

Back