Any Update on the Results???????????

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I ended up failing. I got a 47/80. My worst subject was devices and power electronics circuits only 29% correct. The 2nd and 3rd worst ones were Transmission and Distribution: Power System Analysis at 45% correct and Protection at 46% correct.

Everything else was fairly decent. If I hadn't tanked on these subjects I probably would have passed but it was difficult to study these subjects with lack of decent materials and review problems.

Passed the October 2018 Power PE Exam!

Below is a thread I started outlining my preparation. Planning to make some updates to it shortly. 

I don't either.  Do I try to find and work out more protection problems?  Or should I devote more time to just reading protection books?  Even the good protection books seem difficult to read, in my opinion.  

I’m sorry to all that failed but hope is not lost.  I passed on my second try.  I feel like I can share some advice and will post a detailed thread tomorrow which I hope helps someone at some time in their life
Congratulations!  Happy for you, sir!  Looking forward to your thread.  I need all the help I can get lol.

Passed the October 2018 Power PE Exam!

Below is a thread I started outlining my preparation. Planning to make some updates to it shortly. 
Congrats! How did you feel after you took the exam? What questions or topics on the exam did you find difficult?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chener I've been reading your exam preparation thread.  One thing that occurs to me right off the bat, is, although you started studying later than I did, you worked out more practice exam problems than I did.  I spent a lot of time on my online review course, and the homework problems associated with that course seemed super long to work out, but your approach was obviously effective so it gives me a good guide to go on.  

I have the CI (all 4), Graffeo and Eng Pro Guides practice exams so I'm well armed.  I just didn't use them as much as NCEES and the online course problems.  

Another thing I noticed was that even though I organized my notes/formulas into sections and put them in binders, I could have done a better job to save time.  

Hi guys, just got home and saw the email...didn't pass either:( Question...where do find your overall score...I'm looking at it on my phone so maybe I overlooked it.

Sure seems like this exam was a tough nut to crack.  I encourage everyone here to keep at it.  I passed the Power PE in April 2018 after the reorienting of exam emphases with an hour of nightly studying for about 4 months and by lucking out with the right resources.  Think of this time as a practice run, and use the diagnostic report in placing your emphasis for next time.  

For reference, the resources that got me through (by order of importance) were:

1.  Graffeo

2.  NEC

3.  FE Handbook

4.  School of PE notes 

5.  NEC Keyword Index by Tom Henry 

6.  NESC

7.  NFPA 70E 

I just totaled the number correct.  They don't give it to you directly.  I just added up the "Your performance" column....43/80 for me.  Sorry Nashi.  Hope we can all pass in April!  Don't give up!

Congratulations to those who passed! And those who did not this test cycle, stay positive. It is very discouraging when you see that red block. I’ve been there twice and with the third block finally turning green.  There are many posts on EB with great study advice that I used to finally get to the finish line. We are all here to support your journey. Use this time to enjoy the holiday and unwind before hitting the books again. Good luck and see you in EB. 

Yes hopefully. Not sure if I can devote yet more time on top of what I did this time...it was extremely stressful having my husband take on so much. I have to decide if I will do it again.

Sure seems like this exam was a tough nut to crack.  I encourage everyone here to keep at it.  I passed the Power PE in April 2018 after the reorienting of exam emphases with an hour of nightly studying for about 4 months and by lucking out with the right resources.  Think of this time as a practice run, and use the diagnostic report in placing your emphasis for next time.  

For reference, the resources that got me through (by order of importance) were:

1.  Graffeo

2.  NEC

3.  FE Handbook

4.  School of PE notes 

5.  NEC Keyword Index by Tom Henry 

6.  NESC

7.  NFPA 70E 
I've got to say that Graffeo and the NCEES practice exams were totally unhelpful. I barely used either of them.

I took Graffeo, NEC, FE Handbook, a very old Camara practice exam. I don't know how I passed; Graffeo didn't cover relays at all so I had no idea how to start those questions. Neither did the practice exam from NCEES...

Yes hopefully. Not sure if I can devote yet more time on top of what I did this time...it was extremely stressful having my husband take on so much. I have to decide if I will do it again.
Totally know what you’re talking about. I think my husband deserves this P.E. designation as much as I do with the amount of support he provided. He was basically a single parent during these times. 

I found out I passed in ny. Let me sometime and I’ll put together some thoughts to help you guys.

I've got to say that Graffeo and the NCEES practice exams were totally unhelpful. I barely used either of them.

I took Graffeo, NEC, FE Handbook, a very old Camara practice exam. I don't know how I passed; Graffeo didn't cover relays at all so I had no idea how to start those questions. Neither did the practice exam from NCEES...
The reason I like Graffeo is because there is enough there for you to intuit test answers without actually needing to read them anywhere explicitly.  

But as far as practice exams go out of the 15 or so I did the only one I thought came close to the difficulty of the actual exam was EngProGuides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on PA.

Seeing so many familiar names having failed sucks. Sorry to hear it guys. 

Hopefully I'll know today if I'll be in the same boat...

Hi, I am new to the group.  I have been following you guys after I took the test this past October.  I also failed with a 47/80.  My question to you who passed... how many did you get right out of 80?  I am trying to figure out the cut score to see if I am even close.  You guys may only have a green box and no diagnostic yet.  When yall find out could you please post?  Thanks!

Hi, I am new to the group.  I have been following you guys after I took the test this past October.  I also failed with a 47/80.  My question to you who passed... how many did you get right out of 80?  I am trying to figure out the cut score to see if I am even close.  You guys may only have a green box and no diagnostic yet.  When yall find out could you please post?  Thanks!
Only Texas tells you your score if you pass. 49/50 states +DC just give you the "Pass" and that's all. The only way to try to find the cut score is from those who failed.

Back