5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making Christmas candies - all with pecans. Chocolate-covered pecans, pecan toffee, sugar-coated pecans ... yummy.

I'm drooling here. Mom didn't make sweets this year since she is going with us to Peru, so I didn't get my typical sugar fix.

My grandmother made me a huge tin of cookies this year. I'm going to have a tough time eating all of them before they go bad.
I'd be glad to help you with that!

BOP!

:bananalama:

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of feel bad about the cookies now.

I've been asking he for these cookies that she used to make for years and didn't realize that was one of the things that she did with my Granddad. He passed away suddenly back in 2002 the week after Thanksgiving.

I went over to see her for lunch yesterday and she gave them to me and said it was tough for her to do that without him around.

Now I feel like a total jackass.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter is home. We will have a full house Christmas day.

Don't feel bad about the cookies. Sometimes it is better to go through the hard things so you can move forward.

One of the guys I work with is the editor for the Kentucky Bourbon Review. It's like a Cigar Aficionado magazine for bourbons.

I'm outa here. 8+ hour drive ahead with the first couple of hours in light snow. Happy spamming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back