5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Wow, that's a fancy pants office. I can't remember the last time I wore a tie to work. Nice slacks and dress shirt for me every day.
Yeah, we're an A/E firm in downtown, so the atmosphere is a bit stuffy. But I kinda like dressing up for work...it gives the place and air of professionalism that my previous employers have been lacking. Lots of people bitch about the ties every time there is a company survey, but I don't think it's going away any time soon.

I'm going to be heading out to the foreclosure auction at 11:00. There is a house that is up for sale that I have been stalking for about 2-1/2 months now. I hope the bank isn't going to want too much money for it.

I'm going to be heading out to the foreclosure auction at 11:00. There is a house that is up for sale that I have been stalking for about 2-1/2 months now. I hope the bank isn't going to want too much money for it.
Do you have to have cash in hand, or at least a pre-approval letter for credit, to bid in those things?

Do you have to have cash in hand, or at least a pre-approval letter for credit, to bid in those things?

This one is a little bit different in that there is a deficiency judgement on the house. That means that the bidding will reopen in 30 days. So today I'll find out what the minimum is that the bank is willing to accept. It's partially completed and I need to spend about another $130k to finish it. When the bidding reopens I have to give the court 5% of the bid amount in cash if I'm the successful bidder on the day of the auction, then I have 30 days to pay the balance.

I would suspect that Jenny IS a grandmother by now....
Think of how old Christine Sixteen is now.
Released in 1977, so 32 years ago (minimum). So that means she is at least 48.
Which is only a couple years younger than my mom. Ewwww.
And I know a few grandmothers that age or younger.

My mom, IS a grandmother...

Harley Davidson t-shirt and jeans here.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Actually, I lied. The HD t-shirt and jeans is my normal attire. Right now, I'm wearing sweats, a H-D hoody because my basement is a little chilly this morning, and a WV Mountaineers cap. I'll dress a little better later in the day once the rest of the family is awake and I get a chance to shower.

I love working from home.

This week is new tie week. I have 3 new ties, and I'm wearing them Mon-Wed.
Last time I wore a tie I was at my sister's wedding, 4.5 years ago.

I definately prefer the collared shirt/slacks approach. We can get away with a polo/jeans once in a while.

^^ Wow, that's a fancy pants office. I can't remember the last time I wore a tie to work. Nice slacks and dress shirt for me every day.
Yeah, we're an A/E firm in downtown, so the atmosphere is a bit stuffy. But I kinda like dressing up for work...it gives the place and air of professionalism that my previous employers have been lacking. Lots of people bitch about the ties every time there is a company survey, but I don't think it's going away any time soon.
Perception is a funny thing. I walk into a place and see a bunch of suits, I think, "Man, this is gonna cost me. I'm going somewhere else." But to a banker, the opposite may be true.

Guess you have to know your audience.

I hear movement upstairs. Whoever coined the phrase "pitter patter of little feat" did not have a boy and hardwood floors. :D

Time to go say good morning.

I hear movement upstairs. Whoever coined the phrase "pitter patter of little feat" did not have a boy and hardwood floors. :D
Time to go say good morning.
Yep, both kids seem to walk with the heaviest feet I've heard. My wife walks across the room, I don't know it. My 2yr old does the same thing, it wakes me up. They have lead feet I swear.

Harley Davidson t-shirt and jeans here.
Jeans, work boots, grey t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. Yesterday was the Ohio State shirt to piss a bunch of people off.

Working on-site is wonderful. Thankfully, I will not have to enter the realm of business casual again for at least another 5-7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back