5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never use the watershed modeling...its too sensitive and you would have to have a lot of faith in your tin model

Depends on what your doing...if you just want areas...display the contours...make the intervals really tight and spend the day delineating...its boring but probably more accurate. Every time I use the watershed tool I spend the whole day deleting shapes where there are busts in the tin..so we just do it manually plus that allows you to get rid of a lot of sub-areas...that probably arent really sub areas to begin with...like you said mudholes

You only need one subarea for each drainage struture you have, for something that small, dontcha think? If it's only one at the outfall, I'd be tempted to call it one area. Unless there were a lot of dissimilar types of cover/slope/land use within.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Can you apply electricity to stormwater?
Very carefully.

See, you take an old hand crank telephone, and you get in your fishing boat ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed...more modeling and subareas doesnt create more accuracy...For a 4 acre site I would model the areas in Rational and TR-55 compare the results...pick the highest flow and move on

dang...did we attempt to turn this into an actual engineering thread? where is the boob discussions?

I said that this time I am not contributing to this madness and that is the bottom line. No DK posts in the 5k thread. Is that clear?

Top????

Last edited by a moderator:
pffttt, stormwater isn't hard. water only flows downhill...

that's why I prefer construction management. It's like daycare for contractors...

ps DK, I tried that earlier too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back