5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the drive home in one piece. Lots of cars in the ditch in Springfield and Bloomington. Other than that, clear sailing.

Only problem is now the rear brakes on my truck are making the same noises that cost me a little over $500.00 to get fixed a few years ago. Merry Xmas from my truck to me. At least it got us home.

It's Monday here and I'm back at work and it sucks. For the first time in years, I have felt tempted to go home "sick".

I would burn some more vacation if I wasn't buying a house. Instead, I need to save them up for closing dates and moving days.

I'm working today and tomorrow only this week. It's gonna be painful going back to a regular work hours next week.

I would have never touched Japanese anime, until I happened to watch "Princess Mononoke" alongside my daughter a couple of years back, and realized I was missing some of the greatest movies ever made (Miyazaki's films, anyway). "Pom Poko" isn't as great as the others, but it's still very good. It's just a little too Japanese for most, I would guess. The Japanese raccoon things are a folklore thing and statues of them always have big nutsacks. I'm sure it must all make sense if you're Japanese, but if you're not, it's pretty damn weird!
Anime! You really need to check out Sliders and Full Metal Alchemist. There is tons of it out there. Be careful you don't get Anime with subtitles only to find out that they are in French and the audio done in German unless of course you read French and speak German. Been there done that at a gaming convention.

Afternoon folks.

Chucktown is back from Christmas in one piece. Went to my parents Christmas day, their place was flooded and it took us a while to get there, then traffic on the way home last night was awful.

I took the morning off to help my wife unpack/put away stuff and put toys together for the kids. Thanks to the MIL for buying the Playmobil Pirate Ship, damn thing must have had 300 pieces in it, 280 of which had to be assembled. 2 hours in to it my son lost interest. My 2 year old daughter received 5 baby dolls for Christmas, by doll number 4 I could almost see the disappointment in her eyes. I think we're going to donate at least 2 of them to foster kids.

Afternoon folks.
Chucktown is back from Christmas in one piece. Went to my parents Christmas day, their place was flooded and it took us a while to get there, then traffic on the way home last night was awful.

I took the morning off to help my wife unpack/put away stuff and put toys together for the kids. Thanks to the MIL for buying the Playmobil Pirate Ship, damn thing must have had 300 pieces in it, 280 of which had to be assembled. 2 hours in to it my son lost interest. My 2 year old daughter received 5 baby dolls for Christmas, by doll number 4 I could almost see the disappointment in her eyes. I think we're going to donate at least 2 of them to foster kids.
bah humbug!

I went to visit the SIL in Ohio for christmas. It took us 6 hours to drive to Columbus from Baltimore. On the drive up we left the house at 230am. The drive back took an extra hour due to the traffic. Plus I had to listen to the Ravens Vs Steelers game in steeler country which sucked. Their commentators are complete idiots. Every time the steelers made it to the red zone they would say the same thing "We are in the Heinz red zone where the ketchup is creamy and delicious". WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back