5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 thus far:

ble31980 120

Fluvial 96

Chucktown PE 84

wilheldp_PE 66

Mary :) 45

matrix_PS 39

Capt Worley PE 39

Flyer_PE 34

roadwreck 22

FLBuff PE 22

Went to see Avatar tonight. Incredible!
Isn't it? That's the most fun I've had in a movie in many years. I saw it twice last week - first with some friends, and then with the family, after determining it wasn't too bad for the kids. Great stuff! I only wish I could have seen it in 3D...

Back to work. Ugghhhh....

Isn't it? That's the most fun I've had in a movie in many years. I saw it twice last week - first with some friends, and then with the family, after determining it wasn't too bad for the kids. Great stuff! I only wish I could have seen it in 3D...

My parents saw it Christmas eve, over Christmas they wouldn't shut up about it. I rarely see movies in theaters so I really had no intention of seeing this one either, but my parents kept trying to convince me to go to it.

wife & i saw it a week ago today. Loved it! didn't see the 3d version either, 3 hrs is a long ass time to watch w/ crappy 3d specs on your nose, but this was good enuff, I kinda want to see it again in 3d.

I don't have the option here, and I haven't seen any movie in 3D since they came out with the "new 3D" technology. So I have no idea what it's like. I can only assume it's better than watching the old blue/red "3D" films?

I don't have the option here, and I haven't seen any movie in 3D since they came out with the "new 3D" technology. So I have no idea what it's like. I can only assume it's better than watching the old blue/red "3D" films?
Don't feel to bad, I haven't seen the "new 3D" technology either, but that's just because I don't go to see movies. :)

I love movies. This year, my daughter's collection of Hayao Miyazaki DVDs and other "Studio Ghibli" films was completed by Santa. I watched "Pom Poko" with her and my son yesterday. What a weird, but really good film.

It's amazing what those raccoons can do with their nutsacks. (I shit you not)

pompokoballs1.jpg

pom-poko.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have never touched Japanese anime, until I happened to watch "Princess Mononoke" alongside my daughter a couple of years back, and realized I was missing some of the greatest movies ever made (Miyazaki's films, anyway). "Pom Poko" isn't as great as the others, but it's still very good. It's just a little too Japanese for most, I would guess. The Japanese raccoon things are a folklore thing and statues of them always have big nutsacks. I'm sure it must all make sense if you're Japanese, but if you're not, it's pretty damn weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back