5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all! I actually don't mind "Holidays" when most government employees are out of work, but I'm not. Makes the drive in SO MUCH easier!

I think I'm more motivated to throw stuff away now that I have been watching Hoarders. But my house looks more like theirs than it ever has because I have emptied out all of the storage areas to get stuff packed.
I know the feeling... half of my garage is now packed with stuff my wife wants to keep to have a yard sale this spring (we had one in the fall and made about $400 selling old exercise equipment, outgrown baby clothes, etc.) Our 4th bedroom is still filled with boxes of crap from when we moved out of our first house in '04 and ended up in storage for a year until we moved into our current house... my basement is coming along though - we went through piles of old baby clothes last night (yard sale, donation, garbage) and have a little more to do.

My motivation for the basement is to re-establish my man-cave (bar, TV, dart board, poker table, old N64, etc.)

My office doubles as the man-cave. My other hide-out is the detached garage (a.k.a. toy shed).

It took us about a year to get everything totally unpacked when we moved 3 years ago. I don't look forward to moving again if we have to.

Edit: BOP and the set up goes too...

Last edited by a moderator:
We still have stuff packed from moving here 5 years ago. It's getting better though, we've had one garage sale and there have been a couple of truck-loads off to Good Will.

^Yea, it's a little slow in here this morning. I was thinking we might knock this thing out today, but it's not looking good so far.

Not I.

On a side note, I am largely unimpressed with Windows 7. Having stability issues. Some Dell facial recognition software keeps crashing, and won't stop alerting me until I go into task manager and close it myself. I've also had problems with the desktop shortcuts freezing and becoming unresponsive, and also problems with Windows not coming back after a sleep/power save period, all you see is the mouse.

I just ordered a new work machine. I'm the company guinea pig for Windows 7. I'll be re-installing Office 2003 though. Somebody else can take the Office 2007 plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back