2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.facebook.com/jeb.bower/videos/10220964804097376/

Was there for a bit of “opening day” working. Had the game going on the Fox Sports app on my phone while I was in the tunnel...not sure why it was picking up that audio. Only people in the stands are a few camera people, the grounds crew and some of the non-starting pitchers. Funny, they’re still announcing the game like there’s a crowd there and they’re piping in some crown noice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
FoxSports will be adding digital fans to their sports broadcasts. They clap, boo, do the wave, etc.  🤯
Baseball was on in the bar where I had dinner tonight.  I'm not a fan, but I was casually watching between drinks.  One game had cardboard "fans" in the stands behind home plate.  My friends and I mocked it mercilessly.  Then, the next game that came on had nothing in the stands behind home plate.  The cardboard cutouts looked a lot better than empty seats.

5a932984ac2c79e2f9e1c971b039a83e.jpg

Mask wearing has now made the DHS concerned that their facial recognition surveillance technology is being thwarted.  Gee, isn't that considered a totalitarian practice not suited to a constitutional republic?  Why hasn't that been protested against by Antifa and BLM?  

Mask wearing has now made the DHS concerned that their facial recognition surveillance technology is being thwarted.  Gee, isn't that considered a totalitarian practice not suited to a constitutional republic?  Why hasn't that been protested against by Antifa and BLM?  
I guess not being murdered in the street is a higher priority than not having your privacy violated. Surprising

Well as I understand it, if everyone is screened it does not violate rights. It only gets murky when you target certain groups

But I will also never forget the first time I went to NYC after Sept 11, 2001

So far the only places that have taken my temps has been at the swimming pool in my subdivision :(  

daycare takes the kids temps everyday, but other than that and medical office (dr, dentist etc), when we went to 6 flags in June was the only other place taking temps 

And I forgot at the Doc office when I went to get my knee looked at they took my temp before they let me inside..

But the wife says most of her covid patients dont have a temperature (they are about to die, but no temp) not sure where they came up with that concept though..

I really don't mind them taking temps at daycare.  This way it catches the strep throat and other illnesses that people would send their kids to daycare with.  Although, our daycare has been okay in that regards.  The other daycare in town however, our neighbor who sent their kid there was sick all the time.  They stopped sending him and he doesn't sick all the time now

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure where they came up with that concept though..
knee-jerk reactions?

I wonder how many fevers have actually been found with this type of screening.  My guess would be a few more at a Dr.'s office than at the local pool.

Yeah Day cares should do that as the norm, but they typically use any excuse to not take your kid (or at least they did when our went there)!

I wonder if there is any correlation to the amount of kids that spent many years in day care (which is probably the largest immunity building system there is due to all the sick babies and toddlers in there) to them either being more or less susceptible to something like covid?

I just remember after about a year, what would give my kid a runny nose would give me near death diarrhea for a week :D

Has anyone found a link to a website that has the US Covid cases and deaths by date?  Seems like an easy enough thing but I cant seem to find it.  Looking for either a spreadsheet / download or a "list"

Ive been doing my own nerd tracking from what the CDC publishes daily but I am missing some dates in June Id like to have filled in.

Latest posts

Back