2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It had to be confusing, I cant imagine how many different hospital networks are in NY? - Some Hospital Manager gets a phone call, your boat is here, where do you want it?  ugh put it out back?

I did like the set up I saw they rapidly converted a hospital parking garage to beds - I wonder if that was a planned for thing built into the original parking deck design?  Be cool if it was!

I'm seeing banners around town and on the news that say "We got this!" and I'm not exactly sure what they mean.  It seems grammatically suspect at best.

Just like Hurricane Katrina, response to this is a complete and utter failure at all levels of government.
Depends on which source you get your news: 

• Democratic Hoax
  • greatest response by a President in History to a crisis
  • Nancy Pelosi's fault
  • Obama's fault
  • like ordering Chinese Food
  • Left wing conspiracy to take out this presidential administration
  • Complete failure by current administration
  • The greatest failure by a leader in history to take action to protect their citizens
  • Caused by 5G networks
  • Virus escaped Chinese Lab
  • US Military released virus
  • UN Conspiracy to reduce the population
  • Bilderberg Group conspiracy
  • Tri-Lateral Committee Conspiracy
  • Virus escaped from the basement of Comet Ping Pong Pizza
  • Virus released by Vince Foster and Seth Rich murderers
  • Attempt by some potential engineers to get more study time by canceling the April 2020 Exams

Last edited by a moderator:
The main thing they have in common is a great exaggeration by the media of the number of deaths..

But if you look at the John Hopkins Global Tracking Map, there really isn't anyone flattening the curve, except for China (nothing suspect there!)  https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Also its probably buried way down on page 23 of google but there is some great footage of the mayor of New York telling everyone not to worry and to take the subway, come to Broadway, etc. Same for the Mayor of New Orleans telling everyone to come to Mardi Gras....

Ill offer a prediction when this is done that the US will have the highest number of Recovered patients per capita, and not for anything the government has or hasnt done ,but because of the individuals who work in "real healthcare" who are used to dealing with this type of BS on a regular basis... 

8b73087dfaf5dc68042bfb884987e0bf.jpg

I really put this here for my own reference later, but this site has a nifty link to see where each state is in terms of reaching the "peak"

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/07/825479416/new-yorks-coronavirus-deaths-may-level-off-soon-when-might-your-state-s-peak#allstates

For example me living in CO the peak was last week, but the peak for Florida isnt till almost May.. have a feeling I wont be making that late June Florida trip to see the family..

I know its creepy but the data of all this intrigues the hell out of me.

The main thing they have in common is a great exaggeration by the media of the number of deaths..

But if you look at the John Hopkins Global Tracking Map, there really isn't anyone flattening the curve, except for China (nothing suspect there!)  https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Also its probably buried way down on page 23 of google but there is some great footage of the mayor of New York telling everyone not to worry and to take the subway, come to Broadway, etc. Same for the Mayor of New Orleans telling everyone to come to Mardi Gras....

Ill offer a prediction when this is done that the US will have the highest number of Recovered patients per capita, and not for anything the government has or hasnt done ,but because of the individuals who work in "real healthcare" who are used to dealing with this type of BS on a regular basis... 
To be fair (no idea of the New York stuff), but New Orleans and Mardi Gras was well before there was any sense of an outbreak in the US. And she was following the advice that the CDC was giving at that time.

The virus was almost certainly here but no one knew at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
something about the government having to replace the batteries in the pigeons?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, not everyone knows about that.

My best guess is that the US is sending a small shuttle of colonists to colonize the moon station (located on dark side). They probably don't want too many people knowing about it, and with everyone staying inside at home nobody will see the shuttle launch. Again, my best guess as to the purpose of the colony is to create a sort of "seed vault," but for humans. These individuals will be used either to repopulate the earth after an apocalypse, or to populate a separate planet in the event earth is no more.

I said "best guess" a few times, however I may have come across transcripts of a correspondence taking place among a few powerful leaders describing the plans in detail. I cannot discuss how I came across the correspondence.

I don't know why someone like Bill Gates is given so much credibility on this pandemic.  He became rich from developing software and should stick to that.  Being rich does not make a person an automatic expert on the environment, pandemics and vaccines, etc.  I suspect he is just a talking head for those who have an agenda, most notably the World Health Organization which he has poured money into.  Gates is also known to be in favor of eugenics and population control (reduction) so his beliefs should be opposed by the vast majority.

covid.jpg

Latest posts

Back