2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything I have seen and been personally told says it is effective.  It works against the spike proteins and so far those haven't changed enough with any of the mutations to make a difference to the immune response. Not entirely sure about the mink strain, though. 

I'm not anti-vax, at all...If you want to get the vaccine you should get it.  I may get it...I'm just worried that like the regular flu vaccine it won't be effective against all of the strains.  I've heard numbers like 90%+ effective.  Well, OK.  Is that against one strain that they have in the lab for reproducibility or what's out in the wild that's mutating?  But...we just won't know until enough people have been vaccinated, just like with the regular flu vaccine in any given flu season.
🤔

We have to remember that medical mistakes are the 3rd leading cause of death in the US so dont beleive "everything" someone tells you just because they are a "Doctor" - I (personally) think the 90 days thing is just a conservative guess. Sort of like adding a factor of safety of 5000 to a retaining wall design.

The Mrs is supposed to get hers Tuesday - they are making them get it on their "off day" because apparantly you feel bad the day you get it and they dont want the factory to suffer :D  

But I guess they are freaked out and wont disclose the locatoin where they are getting the shots at. Maybe Antifa is going to hijack them for themselves and Chad.  I may have to drive her and provide security.

We have to remember that medical mistakes are the 3rd leading cause of death in the US so dont beleive "everything" someone tells you just because they are a "Doctor" - I (personally) think the 90 days thing is just a conservative guess. Sort of like adding a factor of safety of 5000 to a retaining wall design.

The Mrs is supposed to get hers Tuesday - they are making them get it on their "off day" because apparantly you feel bad the day you get it and they dont want the factory to suffer :D  

But I guess they are freaked out and wont disclose the locatoin where they are getting the shots at. Maybe Antifa is going to hijack them for themselves and Chad.  I may have to drive her and provide security.
You think it's going to be faster than that?

I would have guessed significantly longer. Like hopefully everyone is vaccinated by Aug/Sept 2021 when schools reopen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I (personally) think the 90 days thing is just a conservative guess. Sort of like adding a factor of safety of 5000 to a retaining wall design.
I said the same thing to my wife.

I'm not antivax, but I always feel like crap the day(s) after getting any shot, especially the flu shot. All I can say with certainty is I will not be first in line for the shot... even if they let me. 

Something to consider before getting poked. I don’t know this doctor and have not verified any info - I’ll leave that up to you...just passing it along as I found it interesting.
Copied and pasted from a friend.
From a Dr. regarding the upcoming vaccines:
Last week I must have been asked 20 times about the new COVID vaccines. Here are my thoughts. Please pass this informatiion onto many as you can. People need to have fully informed consent when it comes to injecting foreign genetic material into their bodies.
1.    The COVID vaccines are mRNA vaccines. mRNA vaccines are a completely new type of vaccine. No mRNA vaccine has ever been licensed for human use before. In essence, we have absolutely no idea what to expect from this vaccine. We have no idea if it will be effective or safe.
2.    Traditional vaccine simply introduce pieces of a virus to stimulate an immune reaction. The new mRNA vaccine is completely different. It actually injects (transfects) molecules of synthetic genetic material from non-humans sources into our cells. Once in the cells, the genetic material interacts with our transfer RNA (tRNA) to make a foreign protein that supposedly teaches the body to destroy the virus being coded for. Note that these newly created proteins are not regulated by our own DNA, and are thus completely foreign to our cells. What they are fully capable of doing is unknown.
3.    The mRNA molecule is vulnerable to destruction. So, in order to protect the fragile mRNA strands while they are being inserted into our DNA they are coated with PEGylated lipid nanoparticles.  This coating hides the mRNA from our immune system which ordinarily would kill any foreign material injected into the body. PEGylated lipid nanoparticles have been used in several different drugs for years. Because of their effect on immune system balance, several studies have shown them to induce allergies and autoimmune diseases.  Additionally, PEGylated lipid nanoparticles have been shown to trigger their own immune reactions, and to cause damage to the liver.
4.    These new vaccines are additionally contaminated with aluminum, mercury, and possibly formaldehyde. The manufacturers have not yet disclosed what other toxins they contain.
5.    Since viruses mutate frequently, the chance of any vaccine working for more than a year is unlikely. That is why the flu vaccine changes every year. Last year’s vaccine is no more valuable than last year’s newspaper.
6.    Absolutely no long term safety studies will have been done to ensure that any of these vaccines don’t cause the cancer, seizures, heart disease, allergies, and autoimmune diseases seen with other vaccines. If you ever wanted to be guinea pig for Big Pharma, now is your golden opportunity.
7.    Many experts question whether the mRNA technology is ready for prime time. In November 2020, Dr. Peter Jay Hotez said of the new mRNA vaccines, "I worry about innovation at the expense of practicality because they [the mRNA vaccines] are weighted toward technology platforms that have never made it to licensure before.” Dr. Hotez is Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Virology & Microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine, where he is also Director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development.
8.    Michal Linial, PhD is a Professor of Biochemistry. Because of her research and forecasts on COVID-19, Dr. Linial has been widely quoted in the media. She recently stated, "I won't be taking it [the mRNA vaccine] immediately – probably not for at least the coming year. We have to wait and see whether it really works. We will have a safety profile for only a certain number of months, so if there is a long-term effect after two years, we cannot know."
9.    In November 2020, The Washington Post reported on hesitancy among healthcare professionals in the United States to the mRNA vaccines, citing surveys which reported that: "some did not want to be in the first round, so they could wait and see if there are potential side effects", and that "doctors and nurses want more data before championing vaccines to end the pandemic".
10. Since the death rate from COVID resumed to the normal flu death rate way back in early September, the pandemic has been over since then. Therefore, at this point in time no vaccine is needed. The current scare tactics regarding “escalating cases” is based on a PCR test that because it exceeds 34 amplifications has a 100% false positive rate unless it is performed between the 3rd and 5th day after the first day of symptoms. It is therefor 100% inaccurate in people with no symptoms. This is well established in the scientific literature. See the attachment (False Positive PCR testing is up to 100%!) for more information on this. If you go to the CDC site (file:///C:/Users/docto/AppData/Local/Temp/cdc_97230_DS1.pdf ), you can see that the weekly death rates in the US are now lower than they normally are during an average flu season.
11. The other reason you don’t need a vaccine for COVID-19 is that substantial herd immunity has already taken place in the United States. This is the primary reason for the end of the pandemic.
12. Unfortunately, you cannot completely trust what you hear from the media. They have consistently got it wrong for the past year.  Since they are all supported by Big Pharma and the other entities selling the COVID vaccines, they are not going to be fully forthcoming when it comes to mRNA vaccines. Every statement I have made here is fully backed by published scientific references.
13. I would be very interested to see verification that Bill and Melinda Gates with their entire family including grandchildren, Joe Biden and President Trump and their entire families, and Anthony Fauci and his entire family all get the vaccine.
14. Anyone who after reading all this still wants to get injected with the mRNA vaccine, should at the very least have their blood checked for COVID-19 antibodies. There is no need for a vaccine in persons already naturally immunized.
Here's my bottom line: I would much rather get a COVID infection than get a COVID vaccine. That would be safer and more effective. I have had a number of COVID positive flu cases this year. Some were old and had health concerns. Every single one has done really well with natural therapies including ozone therapy and IV vitamin C. Just because modern medicine has no effective treatment for viral infections, doesn’t mean that there isn’t one.
Yours Always,
Frank Shallenberger, MD, HMD

Something to consider before getting poked. I don’t know this doctor and have not verified any info - I’ll leave that up to you...just passing it along as I found it interesting.
Copied and pasted from a friend.
From a Dr. regarding the upcoming vaccines:
Last week I must have been asked 20 times about the new COVID vaccines. Here are my thoughts. Please pass this informatiion onto many as you can. People need to have fully informed consent when it comes to injecting foreign genetic material into their bodies.
1.    The COVID vaccines are mRNA vaccines. mRNA vaccines are a completely new type of vaccine. No mRNA vaccine has ever been licensed for human use before. In essence, we have absolutely no idea what to expect from this vaccine. We have no idea if it will be effective or safe.
2.    Traditional vaccine simply introduce pieces of a virus to stimulate an immune reaction. The new mRNA vaccine is completely different. It actually injects (transfects) molecules of synthetic genetic material from non-humans sources into our cells. Once in the cells, the genetic material interacts with our transfer RNA (tRNA) to make a foreign protein that supposedly teaches the body to destroy the virus being coded for. Note that these newly created proteins are not regulated by our own DNA, and are thus completely foreign to our cells. What they are fully capable of doing is unknown.
3.    The mRNA molecule is vulnerable to destruction. So, in order to protect the fragile mRNA strands while they are being inserted into our DNA they are coated with PEGylated lipid nanoparticles.  This coating hides the mRNA from our immune system which ordinarily would kill any foreign material injected into the body. PEGylated lipid nanoparticles have been used in several different drugs for years. Because of their effect on immune system balance, several studies have shown them to induce allergies and autoimmune diseases.  Additionally, PEGylated lipid nanoparticles have been shown to trigger their own immune reactions, and to cause damage to the liver.
4.    These new vaccines are additionally contaminated with aluminum, mercury, and possibly formaldehyde. The manufacturers have not yet disclosed what other toxins they contain.
5.    Since viruses mutate frequently, the chance of any vaccine working for more than a year is unlikely. That is why the flu vaccine changes every year. Last year’s vaccine is no more valuable than last year’s newspaper.
6.    Absolutely no long term safety studies will have been done to ensure that any of these vaccines don’t cause the cancer, seizures, heart disease, allergies, and autoimmune diseases seen with other vaccines. If you ever wanted to be guinea pig for Big Pharma, now is your golden opportunity.
7.    Many experts question whether the mRNA technology is ready for prime time. In November 2020, Dr. Peter Jay Hotez said of the new mRNA vaccines, "I worry about innovation at the expense of practicality because they [the mRNA vaccines] are weighted toward technology platforms that have never made it to licensure before.” Dr. Hotez is Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Virology & Microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine, where he is also Director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development.
8.    Michal Linial, PhD is a Professor of Biochemistry. Because of her research and forecasts on COVID-19, Dr. Linial has been widely quoted in the media. She recently stated, "I won't be taking it [the mRNA vaccine] immediately – probably not for at least the coming year. We have to wait and see whether it really works. We will have a safety profile for only a certain number of months, so if there is a long-term effect after two years, we cannot know."
9.    In November 2020, The Washington Post reported on hesitancy among healthcare professionals in the United States to the mRNA vaccines, citing surveys which reported that: "some did not want to be in the first round, so they could wait and see if there are potential side effects", and that "doctors and nurses want more data before championing vaccines to end the pandemic".
10. Since the death rate from COVID resumed to the normal flu death rate way back in early September, the pandemic has been over since then. Therefore, at this point in time no vaccine is needed. The current scare tactics regarding “escalating cases” is based on a PCR test that because it exceeds 34 amplifications has a 100% false positive rate unless it is performed between the 3rd and 5th day after the first day of symptoms. It is therefor 100% inaccurate in people with no symptoms. This is well established in the scientific literature. See the attachment (False Positive PCR testing is up to 100%!) for more information on this. If you go to the CDC site (file:///C:/Users/docto/AppData/Local/Temp/cdc_97230_DS1.pdf ), you can see that the weekly death rates in the US are now lower than they normally are during an average flu season.
11. The other reason you don’t need a vaccine for COVID-19 is that substantial herd immunity has already taken place in the United States. This is the primary reason for the end of the pandemic.
12. Unfortunately, you cannot completely trust what you hear from the media. They have consistently got it wrong for the past year.  Since they are all supported by Big Pharma and the other entities selling the COVID vaccines, they are not going to be fully forthcoming when it comes to mRNA vaccines. Every statement I have made here is fully backed by published scientific references.
13. I would be very interested to see verification that Bill and Melinda Gates with their entire family including grandchildren, Joe Biden and President Trump and their entire families, and Anthony Fauci and his entire family all get the vaccine.
14. Anyone who after reading all this still wants to get injected with the mRNA vaccine, should at the very least have their blood checked for COVID-19 antibodies. There is no need for a vaccine in persons already naturally immunized.
Here's my bottom line: I would much rather get a COVID infection than get a COVID vaccine. That would be safer and more effective. I have had a number of COVID positive flu cases this year. Some were old and had health concerns. Every single one has done really well with natural therapies including ozone therapy and IV vitamin C. Just because modern medicine has no effective treatment for viral infections, doesn’t mean that there isn’t one.
Yours Always,
Frank Shallenberger, MD, HMD
Something to consider if you read the post above. I'm not an expert, so I'll just share this info. I'll leave any conclusions up to you. I just found it interesting.

There's so much misinformation in that article, I don't even know where to start. So let's just start with the obvious: the pandemic is NOT over, and it is entering its biggest wave yet. "Herd immunity" isn't even close to happening, and never will without a vaccine (did we ever get herd immunity to chicken pox? measles? polio?). Second, the "side effects" of COVID include death and dozens of other serious conditions (great example: documented heart damage from viral infections in up to 40-50% of all survivors; see Florida Gators' Keyontae Johnson in-game collapse yesterday).  The side effects of the vaccine so far include feeling sick for a day (totally expected since it is so effective at triggering the immune system) and serious allergic reactions in people who have experienced serious allergic reactions. I'll take my chances with the vaccine over the virus, any day. The vaccine went through all phases of the FDA vaccine approval process - many of the so-called long term side effects he cites for other vaccines are made-up, anti-vax propaganda. Finally, other people's reluctance to take a vaccine is not evidence of anything other than uninformed opinions. 

But has anyone checked the vaccine if you also get wet and eat after midnight the day you get the vaccine?

He didn't say that COVID was gone, he said that the death rate had dropped to what the flu usually is every year. I tried to look it up, but couldn't find anything right off hand and I've got better things to do besides obsess over COVID numbers all day. Besides that, any number you might come up with is going to be tainted since they've been fudging numbers since day 1.

There are plenty of other side affects but they're so busy trying to get this out there that nobody bothered to talk about them. There are people in the trials who ended up with Bell's Palsy vs 0 in the placebo group. One person in the trial talked about getting the chills/shakes so bad he cracked a tooth.

Finally, other peoples reluctance to getting a vaccine is from actually getting information from someplace besides Facebook and have doubts about a vaccine that was developed in a few months rather than years like they usually do.

I said before, you go right ahead and cut to the front of the line, but I'm not injecting anything until they've had time to really sort out what this "cure" is really doing to people.

FUCK EVERYONE WHO USES DEATH RATE AS THE ONLY THING TO JUDGE A VIRUS. 

FUCK, "BuT dId YoU DiE?!"

FUCK NOT BEING ABLE TO REMEMBER SHIT BECAUSE PEOPLE BROUGHT COVID TO WORK BECAUSE "IT DOESN'T SEEM THAT BAD."

FUCK EVERYONE WHO IS USING PROPAGANDA WEBSITES. 

FUCK EVERYONE COMPARING A FUCKING NOVEL CORONAVIRUS TO THE FLU.

But wouldlnt it be sort of funny to see Clinton, W, and Obama all keal over and die when they get the shot on live TV?

tough room....

:poking:

Mrs RG is supposed to get hers Wednesay. She is 100X smarter than me & Id offer a lot of people.  She had a slow day at work since all her covid patients died ( true story) so she and one of the nuero sergeons she works with did a ton of self research on it.  They convinced themselves to take it.

So scientific question, once she has the vaccine in her body, how many times do her and I have to have relations, in order for me to get the vaccine also?  :dunno:

tough room....

:poking:

Mrs RG is supposed to get hers Wednesay. She is 100X smarter than me & Id offer a lot of people.  She had a slow day at work since all her covid patients died ( true story) so she and one of the nuero sergeons she works with did a ton of self research on it.  They convinced themselves to take it.

So scientific question, once she has the vaccine in her body, how many times do her and I have to have relations, in order for me to get the vaccine also?  :dunno:
You get the vaccine instantly from relations, but your immunity only last 1 day. So plan for that.

Back