What state are you waiting for?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an Email from the NH Board, I passed lateral on the fourth attempt. This saga is over for me! Good luck to everyone else awaiting their results!

Woohooo! Still waiting on Maine but it's good to hear the wait will soon be over. Good luck everybody and congratulations NH_Structural.

I just chatted with NCEES on their website and they confirmed that the SE results had been released to the states.

I just got this from NCEES chat rep "NCEES have released the scores boards but it depends on the Board on how the results are released."

It took some smooth talking to get that out of them though.

Well, we also had HurryCA! tip about it being today so I'd say it's legit.

Funny story, I was checking my mail this afternoon and the state of Maine uses a very recognizable blue font and envelope on their official letters. Anyway, I open my mail and at the back of the pile was a very obvious Maine state envelope. Just about flipped my shit (and wondered how they mailed it so fast) when I realized the address was to number 69 vs my 61... It was also from DHS and not the Maine state licensing board. Thanks postman, very funny.

Well, we also had HurryCA! tip about it being today so I'd say it's legit.

Funny story, I was checking my mail this afternoon and the state of Maine uses a very recognizable blue font and envelope on their official letters. Anyway, I open my mail and at the back of the pile was a very obvious Maine state envelope. Just about flipped my shit (and wondered how they mailed it so fast) when I realized the address was to number 69 vs my 61... It was also from DHS and not the Maine state licensing board. Thanks postman, very funny.
When I talked with Maine last week they said that examinees would receive an email from NCEES simultaneously. I'm kind of surprised we didnt hear today. Similar to your story TehMightyEngineer, I received an emai lfrom NCEES today letting me know they completed my NCEES Records application.... I saw the NCEES logo in the email and figured it was my results..... Nope, just a cruel trick LOL Good luck! And congrats to the guy from New Hampshire!

Has anyone talked to their state board? Mine said that I will get to see the results "hopefully by Friday". I'm really hoping it's sooner than that! Also, does anyone know what's involved with reviewing the results before the board gives NCEES the go-ahead to post?

I called mine earlier today and the person I spoke with alluded to having received the results from NCEES. However, they said "it may take them a few days to release the results".

I'm completely perplexed. The last 2 times I took the SE Lateral in TX, the results were released to examinees the same day NCEES released them to licensing boards.

TX released PE results to who knows how many hundred (if not well over one thousand) exam takers the same day NCEES released them (May 20th).

There has never been more than 100 SE exam takers (vertical & lateral combined) since the new exam format started in April 2011 (96 was the high in April 2012).

I think NV has 5 or 6 total for this one. I'm just curious what's involved. It seems like it would just be pass or fail for each person and then the state just has to click a button saying that they are ok to post.

I just called the WA state board to ask about when they expect to release SE exam results. The guy said I should have received an email but I told him I just looked and nothing there yet.

He asked for my license number, confirmed my name and then told me "you're good". When I double checked to see if that meant I passed the vertical and lateral tests he just said "yep". And then he said it may take a couple of days for everything to be updated.

I wouldn't think they'd just give me my results over the phone like that. Anybody else contacted the WA board?

I really didn't think I passed so this gives me a glimmer of hope... I just want to see something official and make sure its not a fluke before I celebrate!

I don't think they're supposed to give results over the phone, but that doesn't mean they won't! Congrats and hopefully there are no surprises.

I want to call my board and ask, but I think they're getting annoyed with me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I passed vertical last year Maine was one of the last to release results and I was anxiously awaiting and finally broke down and emailed them asking what the deal was. Next day I got a call from the guy who answers emails and he just up a told me the results were in and I passed and the letter was in the mail. So, yes, they can give results out over the phone or at least they did to me.

Back